* Dealing with unescaped "From" lines
@ 2013-01-28 18:59 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2013-01-28 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello world,

One of the mailing lists I subscribe to gets a lot of long, quoted
messages coded up in HTML alternative parts. Probably created by
Outlook, but I don't know for sure.

Unfortunately, every now and then there'll be a line that starts
"From:" in some quoted part.

That appears to confuse gnus. (I don't have a copy of such a message
handy, or I'd include it.)

Is this just because I have failed to set something, or, uh, something
else? It's a right PITA when it happens, I end up digging through the
emacs mail crash box to fix the problem.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Note: you are currently using an
http://nwalsh.com/            | unregistered evaluation copy of your
                              | life. Register now for the
                              | full-featured version and cheat codes!

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 186 bytes --]

* Re: Dealing with unescaped "From" lines
@ 2013-08-01 21:44 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-08-01 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norman Walsh; +Cc: ding

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, every now and then there'll be a line that starts
> "From:" in some quoted part.
>
> That appears to confuse gnus. (I don't have a copy of such a message
> handy, or I'd include it.)

It shouldn't confuse Gnus.  How does this confusion express itself?

  No Gnus T-Shirt for sale: http://ingebrigtsen.no/no.php