* Putting text before a forwarded message
@ 2011-01-11 13:58 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-01-11 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Platform: CentOs 5, GNU Emacs 22.3.1, current git gnus

When I forward a message `C-c C-f' I get a new message buffer with the
forwarded message in MML markup.  If I just send it, the message is
forwarded as the only MIME part of the sent message.

If I add some text before the mml markup of the forwarded message, then
the attachment is lost.

I tried posting a forward to gmane.test to see if this problem was email
specific, but then I was told that:
 Sending news via news.gmane.org using nntp...
 441 Duplicate Content-Type: header
 Couldn't send message via news: 441 Duplicate Content-Type: header

* Re: Putting text before a forwarded message
@ 2011-01-11 18:47 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-11 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> If I add some text before the mml markup of the forwarded message, then
> the attachment is lost.

I'm unable to reproduce this bug.  Works fine for me.

* Re: Putting text before a forwarded message
@ 2011-01-11 19:23   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-01-11 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>> If I add some text before the mml markup of the forwarded message, then
>> the attachment is lost.

> I'm unable to reproduce this bug.  Works fine for me.

Any hints at where I should start debugging?

* Re: Putting text before a forwarded message
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-11 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Any hints at where I should start debugging?

What does the message buffer look like exactly after you `S o m'?  Save
it to a file and then include the file into your reply.

* Re: Putting text before a forwarded message
@ 2011-01-11 20:32       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-01-11 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>> Any hints at where I should start debugging?

> What does the message buffer look like exactly after you `S o m'?  Save
> it to a file and then include the file into your reply.

Well... I didn't do `S o m', I did `C-c C-f'.

But I'll try to find the appropriate buffer.  That's the "Sent forwarded
blah blah..." you're thinking about?

* Re: Putting text before a forwarded message
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-11 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Well... I didn't do `S o m', I did `C-c C-f'.

Same thing.  :-)

> But I'll try to find the appropriate buffer.  That's the "Sent forwarded
> blah blah..." you're thinking about?

No, the Message buffer.  The one you end up in after `C-c C-f'.

* Re: Putting text before a forwarded message
@ 2011-01-12 11:25           ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-01-12 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Eh... never mind...  _this_ is what fooled me:
 (setq nnimap-fetch-partial-articles "text/")

An `A C' pulled in the forwarded message.

I think I will ditch that setting now.  The potential benefit it would
gain me by not pulling down a large attachment and letting me read the
text is more than upweighed by the experienced nuisance of being fooled
by it (why doesn't the attachment show up?  Where did my forwarded
message go?).