* nnfolder-directory variable
@ 2010-10-14 21:24 Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2010-10-14 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi.

I am trying, with some success, develope nnmairix so it can jump to
(`$ o') message stored in groups stored "on" an nnfolder server. (I'am
working with nnmairix-get-group-from-file-path function at the moment.) I have
one in my set up:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnfolder "Mail")))

As you can see I have to learn the directory from somewhere else than
the server setup. There is the nnfolder-directory global variable but,
to my surprise, it changes every time I open a group "on" a different
nnfolder server. Right after Gnus starts its value is "~/Mail/archive/".
When I enter nnfolder+Mail:INBOX, it becomes "~/Mail/". But as soon as I
open "nnfolder+archive:sent-news" it is "~/Mail/archive/" back again.

Now there is message-directory variable but I think (am I wrong?) I
should not use it.

What's going on? Why the nnfolder changes? Where to find the
current default value of the nnfolder-directory?

--
Miłego dnia,
Łukasz Stelmach

* Re: nnfolder-directory variable
@ 2010-10-15 14:01 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-15 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Łukasz Stelmach <lukasz.stelmach@iem.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> What's going on? Why the nnfolder changes? Where to find the
> current default value of the nnfolder-directory?

Do a `(nnfolder-open-server "Mail")' (or whatever), and then check what
the value of `nnfolder-directory' is.