* file improperly added to "drafts" by demon news/mail retrieval
@ 2002-08-29 14:12 Derrell.Lipman
From: Derrell.Lipman @ 2002-08-29 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using Oort v0.06.  I recently started having gnus retrieve my news/mail
automagically using:

    (add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook
              '(lambda ()
                 (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-group-get-new-news 1 0)))

If I'm in the middle of writing a message when the daemon runs, it saves a
copy of the message that I'm writing in the "drafts" folder.  (And it appears
to be an old copy, probably the most recent '#' file.)  When I send the
message, this draft does not get deleted.  To delete it, I must go into the
drafts folder and do B DEL.  This differs from editing a draft with D E and
sending it; in that case, the draft gets deleted.

Is there a way to either tell the daemon not to save the draft that I'm
working on, or to have the draft properly deleted when I send the message?

Thanks!

Derrell

* Re: file improperly added to "drafts" by demon news/mail retrieval
@ 2002-12-29 19:51 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-12-29 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Derrell.Lipman@UnwiredUniverse.com writes:

> I'm using Oort v0.06.  I recently started having gnus retrieve my news/mail
> automagically using:
>
>     (add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook
>               '(lambda ()
>                  (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-group-get-new-news 1 0)))
>
> If I'm in the middle of writing a message when the daemon runs, it saves a
> copy of the message that I'm writing in the "drafts" folder.  (And it appears
> to be an old copy, probably the most recent '#' file.)  When I send the
> message, this draft does not get deleted.  To delete it, I must go into the
> drafts folder and do B DEL.  This differs from editing a draft with D E and
> sending it; in that case, the draft gets deleted.

I'm unable to reproduce this -- when I run `gnus-group-get-new-news',
it doesn't save a copy of the message I'm composing.