* Re: Adding headers to supersedes buffers
       [not found] <3225897212316912@oakhurst.yi.org>
@ 2002-03-25 22:46 ` Paul Jarc
       [not found]   ` <3226087887457301@oakhurst.yi.org>
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-03-25 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> wrote:
> More specifically I want to save _everything_ I write, but Gnus will not
> enter a "Fcc" when I supersede. There does not seem to be something like
> message-supersedes-headers. (So every time i supersede I have to manually
> add an Fcc.)

Have you tried posting styles?  They work for me.

paul

@ 2002-03-25 23:36     ` Paul Jarc
       [not found]       ` <3226089779771480@oakhurst.yi.org>
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-03-25 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> wrote:
> * Paul Jarc
> | Have you tried posting styles?  They work for me.
>
> Um. supersedes is not a group. How do I specify supersedes?

Oh, do you mean you want supersedes to be saved somewhere different
from normal posts?  This might work, then:
(add-to-list 'gnus-posting-styles
             '((header "supersedes" ".")
               ("Fcc" "whatever")))

paul

@ 2002-03-26  0:10         ` Paul Jarc
       [not found]           ` <3226121299894383@oakhurst.yi.org>
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-03-26  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> wrote:
> I'd prefer that supersedes buffers inherit the posting style
> settings for the group I'm superseding in.

They do, for me.  How do you set your posting style?  How do you
create the superseding message buffer?

paul

@ 2002-03-26 17:23             ` Paul Jarc
       [not found]               ` <3226155549108258@oakhurst.yi.org>
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-03-26 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> wrote:
> Maybe I've expressed myself somewhat misleading. I don't set
> message-default-news-headers as part of posting styles, but in my regular
> .gnus.
>
> I use (setq message-default-news-headers
>       "Fcc: ~/News/Articles\n")

You can use this instead:
(add-to-list 'gnus-posting-styles
             '((message-news-p) ("Fcc" "~/News/Articles")))

> ;Gcc
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
>        '((if (message-news-p)
>         (concat "sent-news-" (format-time-string "%Y-%B" (current-time)))
>            (concat "sent-mail-" (format-time-string "%Y-%B" (current-time))))))

Likewise:
(add-to-list 'gnus-posting-styles
             '(t
               ("Gcc" (concat "sent-" (if (message-news-p) "news-" "mail-")
                              (format-time-string "%Y-%B" (current-time))))))

> Neither of these are added when i supersede.

I suppose that could be a bug anyway, but the above should work.

paul

@ 2002-03-26 18:31                 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-03-26 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> wrote:
> * Paul Jarc
>| I suppose that could be a bug anyway, but the above should work.
>
> Nope.

In what way does it not work?  Do the Gcc and Fcc fields not get added
to the header?  Or are they added, but not acted upon?

> Also now I get the error message
>
>  gnus-get-function: No such function: nntp-request-create-group

This sounds like something is going wrong with Gcc.  Try this instead
of the last one (you'll need to restart Emacs or manually remove the
previous version from gnus-posting-styles):
(add-to-list 'gnus-posting-styles
             '(t
               ("Gcc" (concat "nnfolder:sent-"
                              (if (message-news-p) "news-" "mail-")
                              (format-time-string "%Y-%B" (current-time))))))
Substituting whatever you use in place of "nnfolder:".

paul