* Re: manuscript paper and graph paper (fwd)
       [not found] ` <m3n1q6iog1.fsf@serpent.local>
@ 2000-01-16 15:28   ` David Maslen
From: David Maslen @ 2000-01-16 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Judith Conrad

Excuse me, but there are a bunch of messages showing up on the ding
list, that seem a bit personal.

I think perhaps you have stuffed a gnus setting and are sending us
copies :(

I don't really mind, but you probably want to know.

@ 2000-01-17  2:58     ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2000-01-17  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

    David> Excuse me, but there are a bunch of messages showing up on the ding
    David> list, that seem a bit personal.

    David> I think perhaps you have stuffed a gnus setting and are sending us
    David> copies :(

    David> I don't really mind, but you probably want to know.

I hope it's not happening any more.

I think it only happened this morning when I was trying to resend 5
messages I had written yesterday.  They didn't get out yesterday
because the permissions on the postscript directory were wrong.

I process-marked the 5 messages, and did some playing with menu items
in the xemacs post menu on the summary buffer.  I was hoping to find one
that would resend all 5 messages to the original address of each
message.  I was unsuccessful.

I think  what happened was that I didn't realize that I needed to
un-process mark the articles before forwarding individual ones to the
original addresses.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, when you're explaining to naïve users why not to use the
experimental gnus, you now have another scary story to tell them. (Not
that this problem probably has anything to do with new untested
features.) It's not as bad as it might have been -- nothing in those
messages is anything I would pay a lot of money to not have broadcast
on the internet.  But certainly there were things I wouldn't have
picked to broadcast on the internet.