* Re: More weirdness v0.80
       [not found] <6fd81szmt4.fsf@dna.lth.se>
@ 1999-04-02 13:57 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found]   ` <6femm2m8vg.fsf@dna.lth.se>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-04-02 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kurt Swanson <ksw@dna.lth.se> writes:

>  Then I noticed that I suddenly had a > ..newsrc-my.primary.server
>  file which I'd never had before.  So I > deleted it and after
>  restarting, everything returned to normal.

Did you perhaps use a different newsreader that created the other
.newsrc file?

* Re: More weirdness v0.80
       [not found]   ` <6femm2m8vg.fsf@dna.lth.se>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-04-17  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kurt Swanson <ksw@dna.lth.se> writes:

> No, sir, not to my knowledge.  But then, one can never trust
> Netscape...

I may be misremembering, but I think that Netscape has a tendency to
create .newsrc-SERVER files.  Or am I thinking of tin?  Er.

* Re: More weirdness v0.80
@ 1999-04-17 14:44       ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-04-17 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Kurt Swanson <ksw@dna.lth.se> writes:
>
> > No, sir, not to my knowledge.  But then, one can never trust
> > Netscape...
>
> I may be misremembering, but I think that Netscape has a tendency to
> create .newsrc-SERVER files.

Netscape does that, and I HATE IT!  Every now and then, it happens
that I inadvertently fire up the netscape mail/news stuff (e.g. by
mistakenly clicking on a mailto: link), and it scares the hell out of
me every time -- my setup shows up empty until I remove the bogus
file.

* Re: More weirdness v0.80
@ 1999-04-17 17:29         ` Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1999-04-17 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> Netscape does that, and I HATE IT!  Every now and then, it happens
> that I inadvertently fire up the netscape mail/news stuff (e.g. by
> mistakenly clicking on a mailto: link), and it scares the hell out of
> me every time -- my setup shows up empty until I remove the bogus
> file.

We want

        (setq gnus-read-newsrc-file nil)

Jan

* Re: More weirdness v0.80
@ 1999-04-18  6:25           ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-04-18  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jan Vroonhof <vroonhof@math.ethz.ch> writes:

> We want
>
>         (setq gnus-read-newsrc-file nil)

You've got it in 0.83.  :-)

Didn't you ask about something to auto-read the dribble files?  That's
been in Gnus for a while, and is called
`gnus-always-read-dribble-file'.