* image instance/specifier/instantiator
@ 1998-11-21  6:06 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-21  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm misunderstanding something.

To make an image specifier I do this:

      (make-image-specifier
       (vector (intern type) :data (buffer-string)))

This works, and I use this to make an annotation that I insert.

However, I would like to know the height and width of the image,
before I decide whether to display it inline out externally.  I can't
use annotations for that, since we only have annotation-width, but not
annotation-height.  However, we have image-instance-width, so I though
I could just instatiate an image, but `make-image-instance' called
with an image specifier doesn't work.  It needs, uh, something else.
But what?  I have no idea.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen