* summary-prepare-hook
@ 1998-01-22 17:20 Stefan Waldherr
From: Stefan Waldherr @ 1998-01-22 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when entering a mail group I find it annoying that the cursor is on the first
article. I much rather would like to see the cursor on the newest article
(ie., the last line in the summary buffer).

Unfortunately, the following hook does not give the expected result. Can
anybody give me a hint? (XEmacs barks at (previous-line)0, but even if I take
this out, it will not do the right thing).

(setq gnus-summary-prepare-hook
      (lambda ()
	  (goto-char (point-max))
	  (previous-line)
	  (recenter)
          )
)

I also tried various variations, like

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-prepare-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (let (gnus-summary-prepare-hook)
	      (goto-char (point-max))
	      (recenter)
	      )
	    ))

but to no avail.

Thanks,
Stefan.
--
Stefan Waldherr                office +1 (412) 268-3837
                                  fax +1 (412) 268-5576

* Re: summary-prepare-hook
@ 1998-02-08 15:34 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-02-08 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefan Waldherr <swa@cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> when entering a mail group I find it annoying that the cursor is on the first
> article. I much rather would like to see the cursor on the newest article
> (ie., the last line in the summary buffer).
>
> Unfortunately, the following hook does not give the expected result.

I've now added a new hook, `gnus-summary-prepared-hook' to allow doing
this.