* nnimap "losing" cached,ticked articles when original article deleted
@ 2003-01-06 19:24 Tony E. Bennett
From: Tony E. Bennett @ 2003-01-06 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oort 0.08

If I cache and tick an article from an imap server, then delete
the original article from another IMAP client (eg: outlook) then
the cached article is missing from the summary the next time I
enter the group.

The article is still in the cache file, tho.

I do not have this problem w/ nntp groups.

gnus-summary-limit-include-cached does not restore the article.

gnus-summary-insert-cached-articles does restore the article, but
even if I tick it again it will still disappear next time I enter
the group.

Looking at .newsrc.eld, it seems the article is still in the
"cached" list, but is not in the "ticked" list once the original
article is deleted from the server.

My goal is to have all cached articles show up by default when
entering the group, even if the original article has been deleted.

When I brought this up a month or 2 ago Kai G. suggested just
running the "cache" insert as above when entering the group.
This seems to work but is very slow even for moderate number of
cached msgs (200 takes about 1 minute) on a 800mhz machine.

Anyone have any suggestions?
One possibility might be to find where things are removed from
ticked list and not remove them if article is cached.  I've tried
to find this in nnimap.el, with no success.

thanks

--
--tony

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-01-06 19:24 UTC | newest]