* Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-19 18:47 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-08-19 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.

But what color is the Oort?

* Re: Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-19 19:10 ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2001-08-19 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
> the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.

Always appeared red to me...

> But what color is the Oort?

Looking at the sky right now suggests me a cloudy darkish blue or
something like that.

Cheers, Ray
--
rscholz:x:587:100:Raymond Scholz:/home/rscholz:/usr/bin/emacs

* Re: Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-19 19:17   ` Robin S. Socha
From: Robin S. Socha @ 2001-08-19 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Raymond Scholz <ray-2001@zonix.de> writes:
> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:

>> We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
>> the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.

> Always appeared red to me...

Config junkie...

>> But what color is the Oort?

> Looking at the sky right now suggests me a cloudy darkish blue or
> something like that.

I like the blue on http://my.gnus.org/ (shameless plug, I know...). ;-)

* Re: Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-19 19:20 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-08-19 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
> the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.
>
> But what color is the Oort?

camoflage?

* Re: Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-19 19:26   ` Robin S. Socha
From: Robin S. Socha @ 2001-08-19 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

* Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> writes:
> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:

>> We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
>> the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.
>>
>> But what color is the Oort?

> camoflage?

YES! Go^uerilla Gnus. /me fires up his gimp...

* Re: Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-19 21:15     ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-08-19 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"Robin S. Socha" <robin-dated-998508344.bc7c44@socha.net> writes:

> * Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> writes:
> > Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> >> We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
> >> the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.
> >>
> >> But what color is the Oort?
>
> > camoflage?
>
> YES! Go^uerilla Gnus. /me fires up his gimp...

I was thinking more along the lines of ..`Gnubo'

* Re: Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-19 23:02 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-08-19 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
> the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.
>
> But what color is the Oort?

Well, it is obvious that www.oort.com is the ultimate authority on
this.  However, I looked at their picture, and I'm somewhat confused.
Any graphics artist here who knows what to do with the strange
combination?

kai
--
Symbol's function definition is void: signature

* Re: Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-19 23:17   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-08-19 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> > We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
> > the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.
> >
> > But what color is the Oort?
>
> Well, it is obvious that www.oort.com is the ultimate authority on
> this.  However, I looked at their picture, and I'm somewhat confused.
> Any graphics artist here who knows what to do with the strange
> combination?

Since Jan Hendrik Oort used Bertil Lindblad's theory of the Milky Way
galaxy's rotation, to arrive at his discovery of the Oort cloud, it
seems clear the color needs to be white and the Poetry needs to change
from ` In a cloud ... bone of steel' to `Got Oort'.

A further developement could be that Lars could begin to choke animals
with `Oort'.  No body will like the color white but they Oort to.

* Re: Important change!!!
@ 2001-08-27 14:47   ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2001-08-27 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>> We forgot to change the color of the splash screen when we went from
>> the (brown, dinosaurish) Pterodactyl series to Oort.
>>
>> But what color is the Oort?

Kai> Well, it is obvious that www.oort.com is the ultimate authority on
Kai> this.  However, I looked at their picture, and I'm somewhat confused.
Kai> Any graphics artist here who knows what to do with the strange
Kai> combination?

Black and white would look cool (but I don't have a black or white background).

Maybe two shades of grey?
--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: Important change!!!
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-30  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net> writes:

> Maybe two shades of grey?