* Citation aren't highlighted
@ 1998-09-22 14:07 Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-09-22 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,
I've a problem with the highlightning of citations. I have
gnus-cite-face 1-3 defined to show different colors for the
quotings. The I defined a that my gnus-article-display-hook
calls gnus-article-highlight-citation t and I've definde what the
gnus-cite-attribution-prefix and suffix should be. I've also defined
what gnus-cite-prefix-regexp I want. But gnus won't highlight any
citations. Here are the variables as I have defined them:

(setq gnus-cite-prefix-regexp "^[]>|:}+ ]*[]>|:}+]\(.*>\)?\|^.* ")
(setq gnus-cite-attribution-prefix "In article\|in <\|On \(Mon\|Tue\|
Wed\|Thu\|Fri\|Sat\|Sun\) ")
(setq gnus-cite-attribution-suffix "\(wrote\|writes\|said\|says\|spoke\|
schrieb\|schreibt\).*:[      ]*$")

So why doesn't gnus highlight citations?

Christian
--
M$: Our software of tommorrow will make sure that on your
hardware of tommorrow everything will work at the usual speed. ;-)

* Re: Citation aren't highlighted
@ 1998-09-23 22:16 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-23 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> The I defined a that my gnus-article-display-hook
> calls gnus-article-highlight-citation t

What is your `gnus-article-display-hook'?

* Re: Citation aren't highlighted
@ 1998-09-24  7:40   ` Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-09-24  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:
>
> > The I defined a that my gnus-article-display-hook
> > calls gnus-article-highlight-citation t
>
> What is your `gnus-article-display-hook'?

I use the following article-display-hooks.

(setq  gnus-article-display-hook
    '(
         gnus-article-highlight-citation t
         gnus-article-hide-headers-if-wanted
         gnus-article-hide-boring-headers
         gnus-article-treat-overstrike
         gnus-article-de-quoted-unreadable
         gnus-article-strip-leading-blank-lines
         gnus-article-remove-trailing-blank-lines
         gnus-article-strip-multiple-blank-lines
         gnus-article-highlight
         gnus-article-emphasize
         gnus-article-highlight t
         gnus-article-highlight-citation t
         gnus-article-maybe-highlight ))

I hope that you or someelse can tell me, why I get no quotations
highlighted, wenn the article is displayed. But when I write an answer
I get the article highlighted, but only with one color and not all
three. So what is the problem and how could I solve this.

Christian

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-24 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> > > The I defined a that my gnus-article-display-hook
> > > calls gnus-article-highlight-citation t
> >
> > What is your `gnus-article-display-hook'?
>
> I use the following article-display-hooks.
>
> (setq  gnus-article-display-hook
>     '(
>          gnus-article-highlight-citation t

This means that you have added first the function
`gnus-article-highlight-citation', then the function `t', and so on.
It does not meant that the first function gets called with the
parameter `t'.

>          gnus-article-highlight-citation t

And then you add these again.  Perhaps the function is a toggle, so
you highlight and then unhighlight?

* Re: Citation aren't highlighted
@ 1998-09-24 20:20       ` Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-09-24 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> Christian Kurz <shorty@jupiter.rhein-neckar.de> writes:
>
> > (setq  gnus-article-display-hook
> >     '(
> >          gnus-article-highlight-citation t
>
> This means that you have added first the function
> `gnus-article-highlight-citation', then the function `t', and so on.
> It does not meant that the first function gets called with the
> parameter `t'.

I have killed this line in my .gnus.

> >          gnus-article-highlight-citation t
>
> And then you add these again.  Perhaps the function is a toggle, so
> you highlight and then unhighlight?

This line is now in my .gnus but without the t. But he doesn't
highlight quotations in articles when I read them on the console. But
when I answer them the quotations are colored, but only one color
for all quotations. But I have defined three different colors for this.

Christian
--

@ 1998-09-25 12:15         ` Christian Kurz
From: Christian Kurz @ 1998-09-25 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

I have solved my problem. The solution was to change the regex,
which I used for highlighting citations. Now that I've corrected
it everything works fine. Thanks Lars, for your tips, because they
showed me the way to this problem.

Christian