* This file is not part of GNU Emacs
@ 2003-03-04 23:47 Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-03-04 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

dig.el:;; This file is not a part of GNU Emacs, but the same permissions apply.
gnus-sieve.el:;; This file is not part of GNU Emacs, but the same permissions apply.
mml1991.el:;; This file is (not yet) part of GNU Emacs.
mml-sec.el:;; This file is not part of GNU Emacs, but the same permissions apply.
nndb.el:;; This file is NOT part of GNU Emacs.
sieve.el:;; This file is not part of GNU Emacs, but the same permissions apply.
sieve-manage.el:;; This file is not part of GNU Emacs, but the same permissions apply.
sieve-mode.el:;; This file is not part of GNU Emacs, but the same permissions apply.
smime.el:;; This file is not a part of GNU Emacs, but the same permissions apply.

Shouldn't we remove the "not"?

* Re: This file is not part of GNU Emacs
@ 2003-03-05  5:26 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-05  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> nndb.el:;; This file is NOT part of GNU Emacs.

Does anyone still use nndb.el?  Does it even work?

* Re: This file is not part of GNU Emacs
@ 2003-03-05 18:38 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-03-05 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 05 2003, Jesper Harder wrote:

> mml1991.el:;; This file is (not yet) part of GNU Emacs.
[...]
> Shouldn't we remove the "not"?

If you do those changes, could you remove stuff like...

;; RCS: $Id: mml1991.el,v 6.17 2003/03/03 17:52:32 harder Exp $

..., too?

In Emacs, the use of RCS/CVS keywords is discouraged: <URL:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/11369>.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: This file is not part of GNU Emacs
@ 2003-03-06  2:05   ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-03-06  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
>> nndb.el:;; This file is NOT part of GNU Emacs.
>
> Does anyone still use nndb.el?  Does it even work?

What does (did?) it do?

* Re: This file is not part of GNU Emacs
@ 2003-03-06  2:08   ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-03-06  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> If you do those changes, could you remove stuff like...
>
> ;; RCS: $Id: mml1991.el,v 6.17 2003/03/03 17:52:32 harder Exp $

Gone, this was apparently the only file with an RCS tag.

* Re: This file is not part of GNU Emacs
@ 2003-03-06 15:56     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-06 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>>
>>> nndb.el:;; This file is NOT part of GNU Emacs.
>>
>> Does anyone still use nndb.el?  Does it even work?
>
> What does (did?) it do?

nndb is a (Perl) program that talks an extension of NNTP.  The added
commands allow you to create groups and edit articles and so on.
nndb.el is an extension of nntp.el to add support for those commands.
I think it contains some Berkeley DB stuff to make it faster.

Maybe it's not that useful these days, given that we have IMAP.

There is also NNML, a (Perl) program that reads/writes nnml
directories and speaks the same protocol that nndb speaks (I think).