* wrong MIME composing
@ 2000-11-21 15:19 Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2000-11-21 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Everyone!

I got the other problems fixed by now... as usual they were caused by
interference effects with third party software. Oh well.

But there are two things that are quite disturbing:

        - When sending out a crypto/signed mail with attachments, the
          attachments do not get encrypted/signed

        - The unsigned/unencrypted attachments get the wrong content
          type.

Later,
        Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org>
the monthly GNU forum in English, German,

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 268 bytes --]

* Re: wrong MIME composing
@ 2000-11-21 15:32 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-11-21 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@gnu.org> writes:

[...]

>         - When sending out a crypto/signed mail with attachments, the
>           attachments do not get encrypted/signed

Try use a tag like <#multipart sign=pgpmime> in the first line.

>         - The unsigned/unencrypted attachments get the wrong content
>           type.

Could you post an example?

ShengHuo

* Re: wrong MIME composing
@ 2000-11-21 23:28   ` Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2000-11-21 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

 || On 21 Nov 2000 16:40:50 +0100
 || zsh@cs.rochester.edu (ShengHuo ZHU) wrote:

 sz> [...]

 >> - When sending out a crypto/signed mail with attachments, the
 >> attachments do not get encrypted/signed

 sz> Try use a tag like

[-- Attachment #1.2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 743 bytes --]

in the first line.

This works great - thanks.

 >> - The unsigned/unencrypted attachments get the wrong content
 >> type.

 sz> Could you post an example?

Well. It encoded some ASCII file as application/octet-stream when
being after the pgp-signed part. But that problem is gone as I always
sign/encrypt the whole thing now.

There is only a problem with selecting recipients now... for some
reason it does not prompt me for the recipients anymore. Anything I
can set to force that? Couldn't find any variable that did this...

Regards,
                Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org>
the monthly GNU forum in English, German,
French, Spanish and Japanese. Check it out
at http://brave-gnu-world.org/

[-- Attachment #1.2.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 268 bytes --]

@ 2000-11-22  1:07     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-11-22  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@gnu.org> writes:

> There is only a problem with selecting recipients now... for some
> reason it does not prompt me for the recipients anymore. Anything I
> can set to force that? Couldn't find any variable that did this...

Nope. If you try to use public keys from different recipients, you
could specify the recipients in the tag, e.g.

<#part encrypt=pgpmime recipients="someone@else.com">

ShengHuo

* Re: wrong MIME composing
@ 2000-11-22 10:42       ` Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2000-11-22 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

 || On 22 Nov 2000 02:20:09 +0100
 || zsh@cs.rochester.edu (ShengHuo ZHU) wrote:

 >> There is only a problem with selecting recipients now... for some
 >> reason it does not prompt me for the recipients anymore. Anything
 >> I can set to force that? Couldn't find any variable that did
 >> this...

 sz> Nope. If you try to use public keys from different recipients,
 sz> you could specify the recipients in the tag, e.g.

 sz> #part encrypt=pgpmime recipients="someone@else.com"

Although it seems that this cannot deal with multiple recipients,
i.e. recipients="someone@else.com, another@recipient" won't work...

I think that a manual way of specifying all recipients is crucial
sometimes. And if we could have TAB-completion there, it'd beat
anything there is right now afaik. .-)

Regards,
                Georg

--

@ 2000-11-22 13:48         ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-11-22 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@gnu.org> writes:

> Although it seems that this cannot deal with multiple recipients,
> i.e. recipients="someone@else.com, another@recipient" won't work...

This parameter is passed to the PGP wrap package (gpg.el or
mailcrypt).

> I think that a manual way of specifying all recipients is crucial
> sometimes. And if we could have TAB-completion there, it'd beat
> anything there is right now afaik. .-)

Gnus can do nothing, unless the PGP wrap package provides the key
rings.

ShengHuo

* Re: wrong MIME composing
@ 2000-11-22 14:39           ` Georg C. F. Greve