* *'d Groups
@ 2000-04-21 20:26 Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-04-21 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Howdy.

I had a recent X-windows meltdown which left gnus apparently in an
unpleasant state.  Upon restarting, several of my groups are in this
format (total messages, marked messages, and unread messages
respectively):

      0   *   * :   nnfolder:lists.word

When mail is split into that group it isn't updated.  I have to
actually enter the group summary buffer to see the messages there.

After returning to the group buffer, the numbers are correct:

      2   1   0 :   nnfolder:lists.word

If I save, quit, and restart gnus I am back to square one with the
group marked:

      0   *   * :   nnfolder:lists.word

How can I recover from this?

Cheers,
cjr
--
A train stops at a train station.  A bus stops at a bus station.  On
my desk I have a workstation...

* Re: *'d Groups [Addendum]
@ 2000-04-21 20:31 ` Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-04-21 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Version: Gnus 5.8.2

Quitting all the way out of X-Emacs and coming back in has at least
gotten the 'g' to work.  Initially most of the groups are *'d like
below but 'g' causes the group buffer to update.

Also as another side effect... my unsubscribed groups used to be
hidden in the group buffer unless I displayed all groups 'L'.  Now,
regardless of the 'U' setting they are shown.

I would like to get this back to its previous behavior also.

Cheers,
cjr

--

Chris Richards <cjr@netpliance.net> writes:
> Howdy.
>
> I had a recent X-windows meltdown which left gnus apparently in an
> unpleasant state.  Upon restarting, several of my groups are in this
> format (total messages, marked messages, and unread messages
> respectively):
>
>       0   *   * :   nnfolder:lists.word
>
> When mail is split into that group it isn't updated.  I have to
> actually enter the group summary buffer to see the messages there.
>
> After returning to the group buffer, the numbers are correct:
>
>       2   1   0 :   nnfolder:lists.word
>
> If I save, quit, and restart gnus I am back to square one with the
> group marked:
>
>       0   *   * :   nnfolder:lists.word
>
> How can I recover from this?
>
> Cheers,
> cjr
> --
> A train stops at a train station.  A bus stops at a bus station.  On
> my desk I have a workstation...

* Re: *'d Groups
@ 2000-04-22 11:18 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-22 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Richards <cjr@netpliance.net> writes:

> If I save, quit, and restart gnus I am back to square one with the
> group marked:
>
>       0   *   * :   nnfolder:lists.word
>
> How can I recover from this?

It sounds like the nnfolder active file is hosed.  Does it look ok?

* Re: *'d Groups
@ 2000-04-24 14:31   ` Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-04-24 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

It looks fine, yes.  All weekend I was using 'gnus-no-server' and I
repeatedly saw the problem regardless of how many times I thought I
cleaned up and quit.

This morning I come into work and fire up 'gnus' and everything seems
okay...  Perhaps a false positive?

I'll keep an eye on this.

cjr

--
A train stops at a train station.  A bus stops at a bus station.  On
my desk I have a workstation...

> Chris Richards <cjr@netpliance.net> writes:
>
> > If I save, quit, and restart gnus I am back to square one with the
> > group marked:
> >
> >       0   *   * :   nnfolder:lists.word
> >
> > How can I recover from this?
>
> It sounds like the nnfolder active file is hosed.  Does it look ok?
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    larsi@gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: *'d Groups
@ 2000-04-25 14:13       ` Chris Richards
From: Chris Richards @ 2000-04-25 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Very good sir.  Thanks.

cjr

amu@MIT.EDU (Aaron M. Ucko) writes:
> Chris Richards <cjr@netpliance.net> writes:
>
> > It looks fine, yes.  All weekend I was using 'gnus-no-server' and I
> > repeatedly saw the problem regardless of how many times I thought I
> > cleaned up and quit.
>
> What level are the problem groups on?  gnus-no-server will ignore
> groups of level 3 and higher.  (`S l' in the *Group* buffer will
> display the selected group's level and ask you for a new value.)
>
> --
> Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC <amu@mit.edu> (finger amu@monk.mit.edu)

* Re: *'d Groups
       [not found]   ` <mit.lcs.mail.ding/6ewvlnzi31.fsf@sloth.netpliance.net>