* Batch send problem
@ 2000-04-06  0:15 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-04-06  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is a little problem I've discovered that may need some
correction.

I often use a batch fetch/send while in agent mode to update mail and
news.  I've discovered that a mail sent without a subject line while
in agent mode,  lands in drafts/queue as expected but when the batch
"send" is run it stops at "sending".  Apparently wanting the header to
be completed.

Many mail lists expect these subjectless messages for subscription.

When switching to "plugged" and running `J S', gnus prompts for header
completion on such a message and continues sending when the user just
presses <RET>.  (Or supplies the missing header)

So in agent mode the user is prompted for header completion to get a
message delivered to drafts/queue, then prompted again when that
message is finally sent. (Assuming no Subject was supplied).  Fine if
your running this in a running Gnus while "plugged".  But, not fine if
you run a batch fetch/send.

It seems to me that one prompt should be enough.

* Re: Batch send problem
@ 2000-04-20  0:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-20  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> So in agent mode the user is prompted for header completion to get a
> message delivered to drafts/queue, then prompted again when that
> message is finally sent. (Assuming no Subject was supplied).  Fine if
> your running this in a running Gnus while "plugged".  But, not fine if
> you run a batch fetch/send.
>
> It seems to me that one prompt should be enough.

Yup.  Fix in Gnus v5.8.5.