* Editing article
@ 1998-11-30  8:27 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1998-11-30  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just as a test I did "e" on an article containing an image.  I was
curious what I would see: naked MIME or MML.  It looked like MML.

However, I didn't see any traces of the image and the image was gone
and the MML only half translated back when I did C-c C-c.

What's the plan for article editing?

* Re: Editing article
@ 1998-11-30 14:40 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-30 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> Just as a test I did "e" on an article containing an image.  I was
> curious what I would see: naked MIME or MML.  It looked like MML.

Well, it was probably neither -- just the raw, displayed article.

> However, I didn't see any traces of the image and the image was gone
> and the MML only half translated back when I did C-c C-c.
>
> What's the plan for article editing?

I don't know, really...  One way would be to transform the article
from MIME to MML, but that would be a lot of work.  But I don't really
see any other option...

* Re: Editing article
@ 1998-11-30 15:03   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-11-30 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I don't know, really...  One way would be to transform the article
> from MIME to MML, but that would be a lot of work.

Hmm.  Why?  If you already have all the handles parsed, then it
shouldn't be hard to print out an MML version.  The inline images
could be handled using

<#part type=image/gif contents=inline encoding=base64 -- or whatever -->
... base64 image ...
<#!/part>

Not exactly trivial, but not too hard, either.

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: Editing article
@ 1998-11-30 16:33   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1998-11-30 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> I don't know, really...  One way would be to transform the article
> from MIME to MML, but that would be a lot of work.  But I don't
> really see any other option...

Personally I would be happy if I'm allowed to edit the raw MIME
message.

* Re: Editing article
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-30 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> <#part type=image/gif contents=inline encoding=base64 -- or whatever -->
> ... base64 image ...
> <#!/part>
>
> Not exactly trivial, but not too hard, either.

It's not hard; it's just a lot of typing.  :-)

Well, maybe it won't even be all that much typing.  I imagined having
to put the contents out to files and stuff.  But perhaps that's not
necessary.

* Re: Editing article
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-30 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> Personally I would be happy if I'm allowed to edit the raw MIME
> message.

You can do that now.  `C-u g e'.