* BUG: Old problem resurfaced in Oort
@ 2001-01-12 17:36 David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 2001-01-12 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I updated to Oort a short time ago and noticed that the old "answer
the wrong message" bug is back. It's the problem where you enter a
large group (many ticked in my case). I press 'n' and the screen
splits. After the split, the cursor is on the wrong message so any
message related functions (R, F and so on) works on the wrong email.

Previously this was a bug isolated to XEmacs, which I'm still
using. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help the debugging
this time.

	- david

P.S. I _think_ the previous fix was between r 5.7 and r 5.8 of
gnus-win.el but I'm not sure.
--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Remembering is for those who have forgotten.

* Re: BUG: Old problem resurfaced in Oort
@ 2001-01-12 22:24 ` ShengHuo ZHU
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-01-12 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> I updated to Oort a short time ago and noticed that the old "answer
> the wrong message" bug is back. It's the problem where you enter a
> large group (many ticked in my case). I press 'n' and the screen
> splits. After the split, the cursor is on the wrong message so any
> message related functions (R, F and so on) works on the wrong email.
>
> Previously this was a bug isolated to XEmacs, which I'm still
> using. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help the debugging
> this time.

I've probably fixed it. Please check out the latest CVS and try it
again.

ShengHuo

* Re: BUG: Old problem resurfaced in Oort
@ 2001-01-15  7:57   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 2001-01-15  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:
>
> > I updated to Oort a short time ago and noticed that the old "answer
> > the wrong message" bug is back. It's the problem where you enter a
> > large group (many ticked in my case). I press 'n' and the screen
> > splits. After the split, the cursor is on the wrong message so any
> > message related functions (R, F and so on) works on the wrong email.
>
> I've probably fixed it. Please check out the latest CVS and try it
> again.

It seems to be working fine with the latest CVS. If I notice it again,
I'll send a mail

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.

* Re: BUG: Old problem resurfaced in Oort
@ 2001-01-16 17:13   ` Anders Odberg
From: Anders Odberg @ 2001-01-16 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

[ShengHuo ZHU]

||   I updated to Oort a short time ago and noticed that the old "answer
||   the wrong message" bug is back. It's the problem where you enter a
||   large group (many ticked in my case). I press 'n' and the screen
||   splits. After the split, the cursor is on the wrong message so any
||   message related functions (R, F and so on) works on the wrong email.
||   Previously this was a bug isolated to XEmacs, which I'm still
||   using. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help the debugging
||   this time.
|
|   I've probably fixed it. Please check out the latest CVS and try it
|   again.

I'm also seeing this problem occasionally in nnml-groups with many ticked
articles, even with the latest snapshot (20010116). I did not have this
problem with 5.8.7, but it appeared in 5.8.8. I'm using xemacs-21.1.13.

-ao.

* Weird topics bug
@ 2001-01-30 18:16   ` James Felix Black
From: James Felix Black @ 2001-01-30 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Something unusual I've noticed when subscribing to auto-generated
groups; the group will be listed twice, once under the root "Gnus"
topic, and once under whichever topic I move it to.  The gnus is
fairly new (not more than a week old out of CVS.)

ESC-x gnus-version yields Oort Gnus v0.01.

(jfb)

--
Linux is only free if your time has no value.

* Re: Weird topics bug
@ 2001-02-13  4:20     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-13  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

James Felix Black <jfb@visi.com> writes:

> Something unusual I've noticed when subscribing to auto-generated
> groups; the group will be listed twice, once under the root "Gnus"
> topic, and once under whichever topic I move it to.  The gnus is
> fairly new (not more than a week old out of CVS.)

How did you move those groups? In topic mode or non-topic mode?

ShengHuo

--
(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*" (signature (format "(setq gnus-posting-styles