* Congratulations, Lars!
@ 1998-10-05 20:47 Edward J. Sabol
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Edward J. Sabol @ 1998-10-05 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

In case somebody hasn't noticed, Lars has been nominated for the First Annual
Free Software Foundation Award for the Advancement of Free Software!
Congratulations, Lars, and good luck in winning!

* Re: Congratulations, Lars!
@ 1998-10-05 21:54 ` Randal Schwartz
From: Randal Schwartz @ 1998-10-05 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Edward> In case somebody hasn't noticed, Lars has been nominated for
Edward> the First Annual Free Software Foundation Award for the
Edward> Advancement of Free Software!  Congratulations, Lars, and good
Edward> luck in winning!

Yeah, and if both Lars and I lose, then we can commisserate. :)

Email: <merlyn@stonehenge.com> Snail: (Call) PGP-Key: (finger merlyn@teleport.com)
Web: <A HREF="http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/">My Home Page!</A>
Quote: "I'm telling you, if I could have five lines in my .sig, I would!" -- me

* Re: Congratulations, Lars!
@ 1998-10-06  1:46 ` Jeremy D. Zawodny
From: Jeremy D. Zawodny @ 1998-10-06  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Edward J. Sabol" <sabol@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

> In case somebody hasn't noticed, Lars has been nominated for the
> First Annual Free Software Foundation Award for the Advancement of
> Free Software!  Congratulations, Lars, and good luck in winning!

Hm. I found the announcement and description, but no list of
nominees. Where's it at?

Congrats Lars (and Randal). Good luck.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny                Web Geek, Perl Hacker, etc.
http://www.wcnet.org/~jzawodn/   jzawodn@wcnet.org

LOAD "LINUX",8,1

* Re: Congratulations, Lars!
@ 1998-10-06  1:59   ` Jeremy D. Zawodny
From: Jeremy D. Zawodny @ 1998-10-06  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

jzawodn@wcnet.org (Jeremy D. Zawodny) writes:

> Where's it at?

Silly me. I just read on Perl5-porters:

  http://www.lwn.net/daily/fsa-nominees.html

Enjoy,

Jeremy
--

@ 1998-10-06  6:08 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-06  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Edward J. Sabol" <sabol@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:

> In case somebody hasn't noticed, Lars has been nominated for the First Annual
> Free Software Foundation Award for the Advancement of Free Software!
> Congratulations, Lars, and good luck in winning!

*blush*

* Re: Congratulations, Lars!
@ 1998-10-10  0:50   ` SL Baur
From: SL Baur @ 1998-10-10  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randal Schwartz <merlyn@stonehenge.com> writes in ding@gnus.org:

> Yeah, and if both Lars and I lose, then we can commisserate. :)

We lost.  Sob.

	http://lwn.net/daily/fsa-finalists.html

* Re: Congratulations, Lars!
@ 1998-10-10 12:54     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1998-10-10 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

SL Baur <steve@xemacs.org> writes:

> Randal Schwartz <merlyn@stonehenge.com> writes in ding@gnus.org:
>
> > Yeah, and if both Lars and I lose, then we can commisserate. :)
>
> We lost.  Sob.

Losing to Larry Wall can't be that bad.  How many of you have written
a real time space-war game for text terminals?

* Re: Congratulations, Lars!
@ 1998-10-10 16:28       ` Randal Schwartz
From: Randal Schwartz @ 1998-10-10 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Per> Losing to Larry Wall can't be that bad.  How many of you have written
Per> a real time space-war game for text terminals?

At least I can say I've had lunch and dinner many times with
the winner. :)

And yes, I'm really happy for Larry.  He's a really honorable guy,
worthy of far more praise than he'd ever accept.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-10 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

SL Baur <steve@xemacs.org> writes:

> > Yeah, and if both Lars and I lose, then we can commisserate. :)
>
> We lost.  Sob.

*sob*