* Pressing 'J j' in group buffer - no unplugged
@ 1998-07-28  3:25 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1998-07-28  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Running Redhat Linux 5.0 Emacs-20.2  Xemacs-20.4

I.ve had a problem with gnus-5.6.10 compiled for Xemacs where pressing
'J j' in group buffer to start the plug/unplug toggle  gives me a
"Group:" prompt in the mini buffer soon as the first 'J' is pressed,
instead of toggling plug/unplug.

I jumped up to 5.6.27 (compiled for Xemacs) thinking the problem might
disappear but it hasn't.

Also running emacs with gnus-5.6.27 (compiled for emacs) with no
problems.

I suspected maybe the ./configure;make EMACS=xemacs commands hadn't
really engaged Xemacs as the compiling agent and used emacs instead.

Could'nt really tell from comparing the compile outputs if that was
happening.  But checking the compiled lisp files, the ones compiled
for emacs never make an '.elc' file for smiley.el and the ones
compiled for xemacs do.  I believe this indicates the compiling was
done correctly (do I have that much right?)

What might be causing the 'Group:' prompt to come up instead of the
plug/unplug toggle

--

Harry Putnam  reader@newsguy.com

* Re: Pressing 'J j' in group buffer - no unplugged
@ 1998-07-28  3:37 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1998-07-28  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

WOOOPS
Problem solved