* Problem with Agent handling of articles on disk
@ 1998-06-24  6:41 Eze Ogwuma
From: Eze Ogwuma @ 1998-06-24  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm still having problems with the way Agent interacts with the
Server.

For instance I had many articles cached but Agent still deleted them
once the article expired on the server.

Another problem is that Gnus marks articles on disk as read once the
article has expired on the server.

Is their any way to prevent this?
--
Eze Ogwuma

* Re: Problem with Agent handling of articles on disk
@ 1998-06-24 12:56 ` Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 1998-06-24 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Eze Ogwuma <typhoon@dircon.co.uk> writes:

> I'm still having problems with the way Agent interacts with the
> Server.
>
> For instance I had many articles cached but Agent still deleted them
> once the article expired on the server.

Are you talking about the agents cache? Anyway there's the same thing,
and that's really annoying (to use a very polite word...)

AFAIK the articles are not really deleted, but stay in the agents cache.
They simply become invisible through the agent.
nneething can still see them.

Robert

* Re: Problem with Agent handling of articles on disk
@ 1998-06-24 18:38   ` Eze Ogwuma
From: Eze Ogwuma @ 1998-06-24 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Robert Epprecht <epprecht@logon.ch> writes:

> Eze Ogwuma <typhoon@dircon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > I'm still having problems with the way Agent interacts with the
> > Server.
> >
> > For instance I had many articles cached but Agent still deleted them
> > once the article expired on the server.
>
> Are you talking about the agents cache? Anyway there's the same thing,
> and that's really annoying (to use a very polite word...)

Yes, I'm talking about the agents cache.

> AFAIK the articles are not really deleted, but stay in the agents cache.
> They simply become invisible through the agent.
> nneething can still see them.

Actually, I think re-building the cache active file and regenerating
the cache nov database deletes them.

--
Eze Ogwuma