* Binding $ to gnus-summary-mark-as-spam
@ 2010-10-09 21:56 Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2010-10-09 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

This is a minor thing but it's been bugging me for a while.  Currently,
gnus-summary-mark-as-spam, which adds a $ mark to the article, is bound to
M-d.  This is a big awkward when running Emacs in an xterm instead of as
its own X client, which I often do when travelling.  Also, most of the
other special marks can be set by typing the character correspoinding to
the mark (!, ?, *, #, etc.).

What would folks think of doing the equivalent of:

    (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "$" 'gnus-summary-mark-as-spam)

in the map definition?  I'm currently doing this in my startup elisp, but
it occurred to me that others probably have the same issue.

* Re: Binding $ to gnus-summary-mark-as-spam
@ 2010-10-09 22:05 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-09 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> What would folks think of doing the equivalent of:
>
>     (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "$" 'gnus-summary-mark-as-spam)

Makes sense.  Fixed and pushed.