* Status of gnus-faq
@ 2010-10-06 10:56 Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2010-10-06 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

gnus-faq.texi is marked as being built for an XML file from my.gnus.org.
But my.gnus.org seems to not exist anymore.

Should I drop the reference to that xml FAQ and make the texi file the
master from now?

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <julien@danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info

* Re: Status of gnus-faq
@ 2010-10-06 11:19 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-06 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> writes:

> Should I drop the reference to that xml FAQ and make the texi file the
> master from now?

Yes, sounds like a good idea.

* Re: Status of gnus-faq
@ 2010-10-06 11:33   ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2010-10-06 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info> writes:
>
>> Should I drop the reference to that xml FAQ and make the texi file the
>> master from now?
>
> Yes, sounds like a good idea.

It would be really cool if we managed to get it into faqs.org. There
still is an ancient Gnus FAQ which is 100% outdated (it's 9 years
old). I once tried to do this, but somehow didn't come around to finish
it. I think at this time you had to set up an automated, regular posting
of the FAQ to a newsgroup or something along these lines.

--
Have you ever considered how much text can fit in eighty columns?  Given that a
signature typically contains up to four lines of text, this space allows you to

* Re: Status of gnus-faq
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-07 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Frank Schmitt <ich@frank-schmitt.net> writes:

> It would be really cool if we managed to get it into faqs.org.

Is that still used much these days?  Google has sort of ... made most
catalogue-ey services be less vital.

* Re: Status of gnus-faq
@ 2010-10-07 20:34       ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2010-10-07 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Frank Schmitt <ich@frank-schmitt.net> writes:
>
>> It would be really cool if we managed to get it into faqs.org.
>
> Is that still used much these days?  Google has sort of ... made most
> catalogue-ey services be less vital.

Well, the thing is that if you search for Gnus FAQ at Google, your first
hit is faqs.org. So instead of pushing the current FAQ to faqs.org we
might instead try to get the online FAQ at gnus.org in the top of the
Google search results.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-07 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Frank Schmitt <ich@frank-schmitt.net> writes:

> So instead of pushing the current FAQ to faqs.org we might instead try
> to get the online FAQ at gnus.org in the top of the Google search
> results.

We can sprinkle the word "FAQ" around a lot on gnus.org.  :-)