* gnus-thread-hidden-line-format ?
@ 2001-04-18  5:40 Georges KO
From: Georges KO @ 2001-04-18  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Hello,

    Has someone some code that would mimic a
gnus-thread-hidden-line-format for formatting hidden threads line?

    What I would like is to have hidden threads to have a format
different than gnus-summary-line-format and others to have the normal
format.

    For example, when the following thread is hidden:

[  44: Lars Magne Ingebrigt] A road map for Oort Gnus
    [  21: Alexandre Oliva     ]
        [  33: Per Abrahamsen      ]
            [  43: Lars Magne Ingebrigt]

    I'd rather have

[  4: Lars Magne Ingebrigt] A road map for Oort Gnus...

    than

[  44: Lars Magne Ingebrigt] A road map for Oort Gnus...

    (44 is obtained with %L, 4 with %t).

    Thanks.

PS: - how about using a dummy root tree to achieve this ?
    - can I create a dummy root even if the first article is there ?
    - what about %t in gnus-summary-dummy-line-format ?
--
 Georges KO, Taipei, Taiwan              gko@gko.net                 2001-04-18

* Re: gnus-thread-hidden-line-format ?
@ 2001-12-30 23:41 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-30 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Georges KO <gko@gko.net> writes:

>     Has someone some code that would mimic a
> gnus-thread-hidden-line-format for formatting hidden threads line?
>
>     What I would like is to have hidden threads to have a format
> different than gnus-summary-line-format and others to have the normal
> format.
>
>     For example, when the following thread is hidden:
>
> [  44: Lars Magne Ingebrigt] A road map for Oort Gnus
>     [  21: Alexandre Oliva     ]
>         [  33: Per Abrahamsen      ]
>             [  43: Lars Magne Ingebrigt]
>
>     I'd rather have
>
> [  4: Lars Magne Ingebrigt] A road map for Oort Gnus...
>
>     than
>
> [  44: Lars Magne Ingebrigt] A road map for Oort Gnus...
>
>     (44 is obtained with %L, 4 with %t).

I think this would be reasonable.  But dummy roots kinda interfere
with this -- there would have to be both a
`gnus-summary-hidden-line-format' and
`gnus-summary-hidden-dummy-line-format'...