* coloring process-marked articles
@ 2001-09-28  4:04 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-09-28  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was thinking today that it would be nice to colorize process-marked
articles in the summary buffer.  Here's a way to do it by customizing
gnus-summary-highlight, but this way I'll miss the nifty things that
are occasionally added to gnus-summary-highlight.  Is there a better
way to do it?

   ,----[ ~/.gnus ]
   `----

   ,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-highlight RET ]
   | gnus-summary-highlight's value is shown below.
   |
   | [...]
   |
   | Value:
   | (((= mark gnus-canceled-mark)
   |   . gnus-summary-cancelled-face)
=> |  ((memq
=> |    (gnus-summary-article-number)
=> |    gnus-newsgroup-processable)
=> |   . gnus-summary-process-face)

   | [...]
   `----

Thanks!

bw
--
Bill White
Wolfram Research

* Re: coloring process-marked articles
@ 2001-09-28  4:16 ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2001-09-28  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Bill White wrote:
> I was thinking today that it would be nice to colorize process-marked
> articles in the summary buffer.  Here's a way to do it by customizing
> gnus-summary-highlight, but this way I'll miss the nifty things that
> are occasionally added to gnus-summary-highlight.  Is there a better
> way to do it?
>
>    ,----[ ~/.gnus ]
>    | (defface gnus-summary-process-face
>    |   '((((class color))
>    |      (:foreground "deeppink" :background "black")))
>    |   "Face used for process-marked articles.")
>    `----
>
>    ,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-highlight RET ]
>    | gnus-summary-highlight's value is shown below.
>    | [...]
>    | Value:
>    | (((= mark gnus-canceled-mark)
>    |   . gnus-summary-cancelled-face)
> => |  ((memq
> => |    (gnus-summary-article-number)
> => |    gnus-newsgroup-processable)
> => |   . gnus-summary-process-face)
>    | [...]
>    `----

Presumably you set this by putting a complete copy of
`gnus-summary-highlight' in your .gnus, right? Otherwise you wouldn't be
asking.

So, it's basically an alist of values; try:

(require 'gnus-sum)
(require 'cl)
(pushnew '((memq (gnus-summary-article-number)
                 gnus-newsgroup-processable)
           . gnus-summary-process-face)
         gnus-summary-highlight
         :test equal)

That should do what you want and be safe from multiple evaluations.
     Daniel

--
It is always possible to aglutenate multiple separate problems into a single
complex interdependent solution. In most cases this is a bad idea.

* Re: coloring process-marked articles
@ 2001-09-28  5:06   ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-09-28  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Thu Sep 27 2001 at 23:16, Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> said:

    dp> Presumably you set this by putting a complete copy of
    dp> `gnus-summary-highlight' in your .gnus, right? Otherwise you
    dp> wouldn't be asking.

I customized the variable, and I figured my customized value would
override future updates.

    dp> So, it's basically an alist of values; try:

    dp> (require 'gnus-sum)
    dp> (require 'cl)
    dp> (pushnew '((memq (gnus-summary-article-number)
    dp>                  gnus-newsgroup-processable)
    dp>            . gnus-summary-process-face)
    dp>          gnus-summary-highlight
    dp>          :test equal)

    dp> That should do what you want and be safe from multiple
    dp> evaluations.  Daniel

Wow!  I'll try that tomorrow (it's *way* past bedtime in Illinois).

Many thanks -

bw
--
Bill White