* x-draft-from
@ 2001-04-14 15:49 Michael.Cook
From: Michael.Cook @ 2001-04-14 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

so what's the story behind the new `x-draft-from' header?  it
doesn't seem to be documented in the info pages, nor even in the
source code.  what's its intended use?

* Re: x-draft-from
@ 2001-04-14 15:50 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-04-14 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael.Cook@cisco.com writes:

> so what's the story behind the new `x-draft-from' header?  it
> doesn't seem to be documented in the info pages, nor even in the
> source code.  what's its intended use?

It's to enable the drafts group to work properly.  nndraft has to know
where you intended to send something (which article you're replying to
and which server the article came from) if you postpone sending a
message, and then send it at a later date.

* Re: x-draft-from
@ 2001-04-14 16:33   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-04-14 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It's to enable the drafts group to work properly.  nndraft has to know
> where you intended to send something (which article you're replying to
> and which server the article came from) if you postpone sending a
> message, and then send it at a later date.

Seems that same code should be applied to drafts/queue.

Eventhough ShengHuo has pointed out that drafts/queue isn't really for
that kind of stuff.  Since all the editing code works there too.  Its
very tempting to use it that way if you do most posting `unplugged'.

I often realize I've left something out or want to change a message
for some reason, and find it still in queue, if the cron job hasn't
sent it off yet.  All the same stuff comes up in that case as with
drafts/drafts.

* Re: x-draft-from
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-04-14 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > It's to enable the drafts group to work properly.  nndraft has to know
> > where you intended to send something (which article you're replying to
> > and which server the article came from) if you postpone sending a
> > message, and then send it at a later date.
>
> Seems that same code should be applied to drafts/queue.

Well -- it is.  I think.