* Web server oddity?
@ 2001-04-13 21:57 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-04-13 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.gnus.org/dist/ has a pgnus.tar.gz which is out of date.
There is also a file etc.tar.gz which is probably not needed, since
gnus-5.8.8.tar.gz contains an `etc' directory already.  What's in
pspackage.tar.gz?

I like to get the whole thing from ftp.gnus.org, anyway.

And then there is http://quimby.gnus.org/gnus/dist/ which appears to
be somewhat better up to date than http://www.gnus.org/dist/.

This is all very confusing.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

* Re: Web server oddity?
@ 2001-04-13 22:07 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-04-13 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> http://www.gnus.org/dist/ has a pgnus.tar.gz which is out of date.
> There is also a file etc.tar.gz which is probably not needed, since
> gnus-5.8.8.tar.gz contains an `etc' directory already.

Uhm, yes, I think we should remove the etc package.

> What's in pspackage.tar.gz?

The stuff that's needed for building the illustrated manual.

> I like to get the whole thing from ftp.gnus.org, anyway.
>
> And then there is http://quimby.gnus.org/gnus/dist/ which appears to
> be somewhat better up to date than http://www.gnus.org/dist/.

Actually, I'm in the middle of actually releasing Oort Gnus 0.01.  I'm
tweaking the release scripts to work exclusively from the cvs
sources.  Should get the hang of it Any Moment Now.

But I see that there's no Oort tags in there yet.  The last tag is
v5-8-8, which makes sense.  I was kinda thinking I'd release first,
and then tag, but that's all wrong.

So I'm tagging it oO-01 now.

* Re: Web server oddity?
@ 2001-04-16 11:52   ` Pavel Janík
From: Pavel Janík @ 2001-04-16 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

   From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
   Date: 14 Apr 2001 00:07:17 +0200

Hi Lars,

   > Uhm, yes, I think we should remove the etc package.

yes, but only after integration of stuff from it to the CVS. Current CVS
does not have e.g. Tuxedomoon.Jingle4.au and smilies which can be used with
XEmacs. I use them for Emacs too, because the standard ones are really
ugly. But after integrating them into the current CVS we can make the work
of Emacs maintainers a real nightmare because they would like to see papers
for each file there... This is the case of smilies which are the product of
someone who is not reachable for me and for Dave Love for about a year
now :-(
--
Pavel Janík

How can you say emacs and 'no flame war' in the same sentence :-)
                  -- Jens Axboe in private e-mail