* widget-button-face and [+] which represents more cited text
@ 2000-05-02 20:37 Pavel Janík ml.
From: Pavel Janík ml. @ 2000-05-02 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have

 '(gnus-cited-lines-visible (quote (0 . 3)))

in customized vars and Gnus correctly displays more cited text hidden under
[+]. But I have also changed widget-button-face:

 '(widget-button-face ((t (:bold nil :underline t :foreground "yellow"))))

and now, the whole line with [+] and [-] is underlined. However, signature can
be hidden too when pressing on gnus-signature-separator. But
gnus-signature-separator is underlined correctly (ie. only -, - and space).

The problem is probably in gnus-cite.el in the function
gnus-article-hide-citation and co where gnus-article-add-button is called with
bad second argument TO.
--
Pavel Janík ml.
Pavel.Janik@inet.cz

* Re: widget-button-face and [+] which represents more cited text
@ 2000-05-03 10:06 ` Pavel Janík ml.
From: Pavel Janík ml. @ 2000-05-03 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

   From: Pavel.Janik@inet.cz (Pavel Janík ml.)
   Date: 02 May 2000 22:37:24 +0200

Hi again,

   >  '(gnus-cited-lines-visible (quote (0 . 3)))
   >
   > in customized vars and Gnus correctly displays more cited text hidden under
   > [+]. But I have also changed widget-button-face:
   >
   >  '(widget-button-face ((t (:bold nil :underline t :foreground "yellow"))))
   >
   > and now, the whole line with [+] and [-] is underlined. However,
   > signature can

the same applies for button representing attachments - the whole line (from
left border of the frame to the right border) is underlined.
--

@ 2000-08-12 18:18   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-12 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pavel.Janik@inet.cz (Pavel Janík ml.) writes:

>    >  '(widget-button-face ((t (:bold nil :underline t :foreground "yellow"))))
>    >
>    > and now, the whole line with [+] and [-] is underlined. However,
>    > signature can
>
> the same applies for button representing attachments - the whole line (from
> left border of the frame to the right border) is underlined.

Emacs does (somewhat weirdly, I think) underline the rest of the line
if the newline is underlined.  XEmacs does not.  So, uhm, does anybody
know why Emacs does this with underlining, but not with other text
props?

* Re: widget-button-face and [+] which represents more cited text
@ 2000-08-16 18:18     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2000-08-16 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Pavel.Janik@inet.cz (Pavel Janík ml.) writes:
>
> >    >  '(widget-button-face ((t (:bold nil :underline t :foreground "yellow"))))
> >    >
> >    > and now, the whole line with [+] and [-] is underlined. However,
> >    > signature can
> >
> > the same applies for button representing attachments - the whole line (from
> > left border of the frame to the right border) is underlined.
>
> Emacs does (somewhat weirdly, I think) underline the rest of the line
> if the newline is underlined.  XEmacs does not.  So, uhm, does anybody
> know why Emacs does this with underlining, but not with other text
> props?

I believe Emacs does it for all text properties.  It is very useful
for the `editable-field' widget, as you can have empty, visible fields
at the end of line.  Customize uses these all the time.