* perhaps silly question.
@ 1998-09-26 20:03 George J McNinch
From: George J McNinch @ 1998-09-26 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well...

I just realized that I was still (require 'gnus-mime)-ing until
recently.

The way I read the pgnus-0.33 info though, I shouldn't have to. Yes?

But, now that I've removed that, I don't get mime buttons in my
*Article* buffers at all. (URL buttons still appear).

Am I missing something?  I checked and checked for weird stuff in
my .emacs/.gnus and there doesn't seem to be anything.

Let me be explicit: as far as I can tell, I am not changing any
default value of mime related gnus variables. I am not loading tm in
any form I'm aware of.

I thought for awhile that the problem was the mm stuff, as I had a
rather old w3 distribution. But I updated that and still nothing.

The variables described here:

   Gnus pushes MIME articles through `gnus-display-mime-function' to
   display the MIME parts.  This is `gnus-display-mime' by default,
   which creates a bundle of clickable buttons that can be used to
   display, save and manipulate the MIME objects.

are set right. I checked.

And I'm reading a number of different mime mails.  Some sent using tm.
Some sent using pine with attachments.  Some sent using netscape.

So embarass me...

--George

	       George McNinch [Mailto:McNinch.1@nd.edu]
		      <URL:www.nd.edu/~gmcninch>

* Re: perhaps silly question.
@ 1998-09-29 11:01 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-29 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

George J McNinch <McNinch.1@nd.edu> writes:

> But, now that I've removed that, I don't get mime buttons in my
> *Article* buffers at all. (URL buttons still appear).

Do you get no MIME handling at all?  Just lots of base64 and qp and
stuff?