* save article summary?
@ 1998-06-19  6:37 Kin Cho
From: Kin Cho @ 1998-06-19  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can gnus save article summary of a group and reload at
the next session similar to Netscape's newsreader?

I don't want to finish reading all articles of all group in one session,
since my nntp server isn't very fast, re-retrieving old unread articles
everytime gnus startup is quite slow.

-kin

* Re: save article summary?
@ 1998-06-24  4:33 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-06-24  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kin Cho <kin@c-cube.com> writes:

> Can gnus save article summary of a group and reload at
> the next session similar to Netscape's newsreader?

Nope.

> I don't want to finish reading all articles of all group in one session,
> since my nntp server isn't very fast, re-retrieving old unread articles
> everytime gnus startup is quite slow.

Well -- you don't have to `q' out of a summary buffer.  If you want to
read some other group, just go to the group buffer and chose that
other group.  The summary buffer for that group you jumped out of will
remain, and you can select it later.