* imap problem with agent cache?
@ 2004-01-08  6:26 Mats Lidell
From: Mats Lidell @ 2004-01-08  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Simon Josefsson

Hi,

Just noticed that I'm getting lots of problems with the agent-cache
when I do things behind it's back. Like using another imap MUA that
does things to the folders. The summary buffer displayes articles not
available anymore. Infact the folder becomes rather useless before I
fix the problem.

Hopfully there is some way to invalidate the cache from inside of
Gnus but I haven't found it. My current solution is to remove the
agent-cache for the offending folder.

gnus-version: "Gnus v5.10.6"
emacs-version: "21.4 (patch 14) \"Reasonable Discussion\" XEmacs
Lucid"

Yours
--
%% Mats

* Re: imap problem with agent cache?
@ 2004-01-08 16:01 ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2004-01-08 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, Simon Josefsson

Mats Lidell <matsl@contactor.se> writes:

> Hopfully there is some way to invalidate the cache from inside of
> Gnus but I haven't found it.

I see the same thing here. Try running `gnus-agent-expire-group' and
choosing the offending group. That synchronizes the agent cache, but
I'm not sure why I have to run it manually.

--
Steven E. Harris

* Re: imap problem with agent cache?
@ 2004-01-10 18:50   ` Mats Lidell
From: Mats Lidell @ 2004-01-10 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Simon Josefsson

Steven> I see the same thing here. Try running
Steven> `gnus-agent-expire-group' and choosing the offending
Steven> group. That synchronizes the agent cache,

Seems to do the trick yes. Thanks. (Since gnus finds out that the
overview is bad and removes it!?)

Steven> but I'm not sure why I have to run it manually.

I don't think you should have to do it manually either. There must be
something wrong here.

Yours
--
%% Mats