* nnml zonked out; Gnus barely usable
@ 2002-05-31 20:20 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2002-05-31 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

All my mail ges into "nnml:mail".  I see this problem with other
groups, but "mail" (nnml:private is my primary) is the biggest
problem.

I mailed a bug report, but I'm hoping someone else has seen this
problem and can tell me what's going on soon.

The problem began today.

I see gone (G) articles that show up as old (O), unread (U), or
expired (E).  Worse, the subject and sender shown in the summary
buffer are wrong.  I looked long and hard, but could not find a place
where that data is kept.  The .overview for the "mail" group contains
correct data for the articles, but that info seems to be ignored (see
below).

The problem reoccurs if I:

1. remove the "mail" group from my newsrc.eld
2. remove "mail" from the active fle for nnml:private
3. remove .marks and .overview from the "mail" directory
4. run nnml-generate-nov-dataabse (or the -1 variant)
5. any combination of 1 through 4

What's puzzling me is the bad overview data - it's coming from
somewhere...  With my broken hand, I can't do too much investigating,
so I was hoping this is easily fixed.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: nnml zonked out; Gnus barely usable
@ 2002-06-04 14:04 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2002-06-04 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 31 May 2002, teodor.zlatanov@divine.com wrote:
> I see gone (G) articles that show up as old (O), unread (U), or
> expired (E).  Worse, the subject and sender shown in the summary
> buffer are wrong.  I looked long and hard, but could not find a
> place where that data is kept.  The .overview for the "mail" group
> contains correct data for the articles, but that info seems to be
> ignored (see below).

The problem was the Gnus agent cache (the nnmaildir agent problem
thread jogged my memory).  gnus-jog-cache did the trick.  I think I
had an old agent cache that for some reason was overlapping with new
articles.

Thanks
Ted