* Fetching groups while unplugged shouldn't try
@ 1999-03-31 21:10 Bruce Stephens
From: Bruce Stephens @ 1999-03-31 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I leave some groups (like announce groups) in the default category,
since I'm generally not interested, but occasionally I *do* want to
read an article.  And I can tell, based on looking at the subject.

So, I start up gnus, which fetches the numbers of articles and things,
do "J u" on these groups, go unplugged, select the articles I want,
then go plugged and do a "J s" to fetch everything.

That works fine.  But depending on what I do before (read some email,
say), I sometimes forget that I'm unplugged when I do "J u" or "J s".

This seems to be a Bad Thing to do: gnus seems to forget all about the
articles it might have got, and I've no idea how to undo this.

So, for one thing, why don't "J u" and "J s" just refuse to do
anything if I'm unplugged?  Secondly, (and redundantly, if the
behaviour gets fixed), how do I undo such an inadvertent "J u" or "J
s"?

* Re: Fetching groups while unplugged shouldn't try
@ 1999-04-17  5:53 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-04-17  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> writes:

> So, for one thing, why don't "J u" and "J s" just refuse to do
> anything if I'm unplugged?

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.82.