* I've got the \201 blues again, dammit
@ 1998-10-01  7:08 Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren
From: Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren @ 1998-10-01  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

message-mode sets enable-multibyte-characters to t, even tho I _have_
used custom to set enable-multibyte-characters and
default-enable-multibyte-characters to nil, _and_ I way --unibyte when I
start Emacs.

please.  help.

--
Rolf Lindgren
roffe@ask.uio.no

* Re: I've got the \201 blues again, dammit
@ 1998-10-01 14:15 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-01 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren <roffe@morgoth.uio.no> writes:

> message-mode sets enable-multibyte-characters to t, even tho I _have_
> used custom to set enable-multibyte-characters and
> default-enable-multibyte-characters to nil, _and_ I way --unibyte when I
> start Emacs.

The dinosaur has only been thoroughly tested with
enable-multibyte-characters untouched (that is, t) and no --unibyte.
It should, of course, work in unibyte mode as well, but there are
certain things that I have yet to get to work right, involving copying
strings from one buffer to another, when one of the buffers are
multibyte and the other is not.

For now (until these glitches are stamped out), the only way to run
pgnus is in multibyte mode.