* Cleaning up IMAP flags or what have you
@ 2010-12-22 19:26 JJ
From: JJ @ 2010-12-22 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gnus has messed up my IMAP mailbox, I think. By messing with the evolving
state of Gnus these past couple of months, something has happened to my
mailbox, which has resulted in Gnus setting all my mails to Unread, i.e.
now I have 2476 items unread in the INBOX, but not in its subfolders.

Furthermore, this would not be such a problem, as I can set them all to
read from Gnus.

However the biggest problem is, that it doesn't check the number of unread
articles now, i.e. when running Gnus, I get all the subscribed INBOX
groups and INBOX itself with a star on the left of it.

`g' has no effect, i.e. says connecting, but then `No Gnus is good news'
and the star stays.
`M-g' updates the INBOX to the correct two-k something of unread messages.

but it doesn't last, i.e. after quitting Gnus and restarting, the count is
a star again.

The nnimap log shows:
* FLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Recent)

* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen)] Limited

* 17 EXISTS

* 0 RECENT

* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1273042266] Ok

* OK [MYRIGHTS "acdilrsw"] ACL

3 OK [READ-WRITE] Ok

* 1 FETCH (UID 124 FLAGS ())

* 2 FETCH (UID 125 FLAGS ())

* 3 FETCH (UID 126 FLAGS ())

* 4 FETCH (UID 127 FLAGS ())

* 5 FETCH (UID 128 FLAGS ())

* 6 FETCH (UID 129 FLAGS ())

* 7 FETCH (UID 130 FLAGS ())

* 8 FETCH (UID 131 FLAGS ())

* 9 FETCH (UID 132 FLAGS ())

* 10 FETCH (UID 133 FLAGS ())

* 11 FETCH (UID 134 FLAGS ())

* 12 FETCH (UID 135 FLAGS ())

* 13 FETCH (UID 136 FLAGS ())

* 14 FETCH (UID 137 FLAGS ())

* 15 FETCH (UID 138 FLAGS ())

* 16 FETCH (UID 139 FLAGS ())

* 17 FETCH (UID 140 FLAGS ())

4 OK FETCH completed.

* FLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Recent)

* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen)] Limited

* 0 EXISTS

* 0 RECENT

* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1274181472] Ok

* OK [MYRIGHTS "acdilrsw"] ACL

5 OK [READ-WRITE] Ok

6 OK FETCH completed.

* FLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Recent)

* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen)] Limited

* 293 EXISTS

* 0 RECENT

* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1272099568] Ok

* OK [MYRIGHTS "acdilrsw"] ACL

7 OK [READ-WRITE] Ok

*** Fatal error: A TLS packet with unexpected length was received.
*** Server has terminated the connection abnormally.

Process *nnimap* exited abnormally with code 1

But it doesn't do this with a test account that I've created on the same
server and sent three messages to, so it shouldn't be a prob with the
server config...

What could be the problem and how can I "reset" the maildir so to speak,
so that it works normally?
--
JJ

* Re: Cleaning up IMAP flags or what have you
@ 2011-01-02  6:00 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-01-02  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"JJ" <ding_gnus.org@sumou.com> writes:

> However the biggest problem is, that it doesn't check the number of unread
> articles now, i.e. when running Gnus, I get all the subscribed INBOX
> groups and INBOX itself with a star on the left of it.

A starred group means that Gnus hasn't activated it.  Have you placed
the group on a level that's too high for auto-activation?