* Scoring based on lines of quoted material (>)
@ 2000-02-23  5:42 David Maslen
From: David Maslen @ 2000-02-23  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has somebody done, or could they suggest a way to do, a method of
scoring I could use in a mailing list to score down mail that has more
lines starting with > than otherwise.

Generally I find it pretty annoying when somebody quotes pretty much
the entire thread so far, and adds a "me to" comment of 1 line plus a
10 lines of signature on the end of that.

I think I'd like to score up messages where content is greater than
quotation, and penalise heavily a message where content is less than
say 10% of the lines in a message.

I think this will catch the "me to" thread quoters, and the flame bait,
reply to each point of your message type posters.

* Re: Scoring based on lines of quoted material (>)
@ 2000-03-05 10:13 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-03-05 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, Frederick Page, Thilo Pfennig

David Maslen <david.maslen@iname.com> writes:

> Has somebody done, or could they suggest a way to do, a method of
> scoring I could use in a mailing list to score down mail that has more
> lines starting with > than otherwise.

More and more people seem to be interested in this.  Maybe you could
pool your resources with Frederick and Thilo?

(Frederick and Thilo, I hope you don't mind being mentioned and cc'd
here.)

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: Scoring based on lines of quoted material (>)
@ 2000-04-20 20:04 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-20 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Maslen <david.maslen@iname.com> writes:

> Has somebody done, or could they suggest a way to do, a method of
> scoring I could use in a mailing list to score down mail that has more
> lines starting with > than otherwise.

I think the way to implement this would be to add a `f' "match" type
to the body score thing.  Then the "match" could be a user-defined (or
pre-defined) function that would return the score of the article.
Then we could have a function that returned a score based on the
ratio between quoted text and new text.

Anybody want to implement this?