* new agent feature
@ 1997-11-25  2:07 Wes Hardaker
       [not found] ` <x790udod2m.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1997-11-25  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

You know, when going 'plugged' the agent detect the existance of mail
that can be sent and should either:

1) do nothing (as it does currently)
2) prompt for 'should I send queued mail?'
3) just send it.

probably should be configured via something like
gnus-agent-send-mail-on-connect (t, nil, 'prompt) or via something
like gnus-agent-connect-hook (nil, 'gnus-agent-send-queued,
gnus-agent-maybe-send-queued).

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: new agent feature
       [not found] ` <x790udod2m.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 1997-11-25  6:44   ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1997-11-25  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rat> | gnus-agent-plugged-hook's value is nil
Rat> |
Rat> | Documentation:
Rat> | Hook run when plugging into the network.

Rat> So, have it call gnus-group-send-drafts, or something.

Yeah, but I just came across another problem...

- edit a message off-line and send.
- Hit J j to go online.
- won't get sent.  nndraft:queue's info hasn't been updated till you
  do some form of '1 g'...

IE, mail won't get sent till the user checks for new news.  I actually
think sending mail should auto-update the nndraft:queue group, but I
know this goes against the current policy on updating groups.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-11-25 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wes Hardaker <wjhardaker@ucdavis.edu> writes:

> IE, mail won't get sent till the user checks for new news.

Yup.  Fix in Quassia Gnus v0.17.