* nnmail-split-fancy-syntax-table and XEmacs 21.5
@ 2004-01-21 16:52 Karl Pflästerer
From: Karl Pflästerer @ 2004-01-21 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
yestesday I installed the actual patches for No Gnus and today mail
splitting wreaked havoc.  I looked in the changelog and saw a change for
`nnmail-split-fancy'.  It uses now a syntax table which iscreated with
`make-syntax-table.

I don't know at the moment if there is a bug in XEmacs 21.5 concerning
`make-syntax-table' but it simply doesn't work here.

I had to rewrite the definition of the var as:

  (defvar nnmail-split-fancy-syntax-table
    (let ((table (copy-syntax-table (standard-syntax-table))))
      ;; support the %-hack
      (modify-syntax-entry ?\% "." table)
      table)
    "Syntax table used by `nnmail-split-fancy'.")

I think there is a bug in XEmacs since `make-syntax-table' should give
the same result but perhaps we could use the above till the reason is
found.

   KP

--
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute."

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-01-21 16:52 UTC | newest]