* Lose font-lock after (e)dit in nnml groups
@ 1999-02-12  3:33 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-02-12  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

This problem has been with me for many versions, and is still here.
So apparently not related to any version.

I am using no hooks in article display that I know of.

When ever I  edit  an nnml message and save it with `C-c'
the fontlocking normally displayed in article buffer dies. Then only
default color text is displayed.

`M-: `major-mode' shows `gnus-article-mode' .  Changing the mode to
something else then back doesn't help.  Help/options shows 'global
fontlock" checked.

The only thing I see that reinstates gnus-article-mode frontlocking is
a full kill of the article buffer (C-x k) go to another article and
font-locking has returned.  Return to the same article and re-display
and the fontlocking is back on.

--
Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Running Redhat Linux 5.2

* Re: Lose font-lock after (e)dit in nnml groups
@ 1999-02-19 12:11 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-19 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When ever I  edit  an nnml message and save it with `C-c'
> the fontlocking normally displayed in article buffer dies. Then only
> default color text is displayed.

I think you mean "highlighting" (no font locking is done in Gnus
buffers), but doesn't `g' re-highlight the buffer?