* Two more things...
@ 1998-09-14 21:37 David Hedbor
       [not found] ` <6f90jlbwv1.fsf@dna.lth.se>
From: David Hedbor @ 1998-09-14 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ahh, I remembered:

1) How do you _delete_ groups completely? I can't seem to remove a
   group permanently from the .newsrc.eld file and from the disk. I
   have to edit the file manually to get rid of it.

2) I start writing a message to a foreign group and decide to save it
   in the draft buffer. When I later go back and try to send it, it
   tries to send the message to the main server, thus failing to send
   it. Perhaps the draft should include not only the news group but
   also the method?

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Happiness is having a scratch for every itch.

* Re: Two more things...
@ 1998-09-15  7:39 ` Kai Grossjohann
       [not found] ` <6f90jlbwv1.fsf@dna.lth.se>
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-09-15  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  David> 1) How do you _delete_ groups completely? I can't seem to remove a
  David>    group permanently from the .newsrc.eld file and from the disk. I
  David>    have to edit the file manually to get rid of it.

In the menu: Groups -> Foreign Groups -> Delete Group
With prefix arg (i.e. C-u), this also deletes the messages themselves.

kai
--
OOP: object oriented programming;  OOPS: object oriented mistakes

* Re: Two more things...
       [not found] ` <6f90jlbwv1.fsf@dna.lth.se>
@ 1998-09-15  8:51   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1998-09-15  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kurt Swanson <ksw@dna.lth.se> writes:

> David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:
> > Ahh, I remembered:
>
> > 1) How do you _delete_ groups completely? I can't seem to remove a
> >    group permanently from the .newsrc.eld file and from the disk. I
> >    have to edit the file manually to get rid of it.
>
> (setq gnus-save-killed-list nil)

Ahh, that helps. The G <del> that I have gotten two suggestions about
(and which I knew about earlier) doesn't work for nntp-groups, which
is where my problem was.

> > 2) I start writing a message to a foreign group and decide to save it
> >    in the draft buffer. When I later go back and try to send it, it
> >    tries to send the message to the main server, thus failing to send
> >    it. Perhaps the draft should include not only the news group but
> >    also the method?
>
> My sentiments exactly.  Until our viewpoint prevails, you can use
> C-u 0 C-c C-c to send your foreign drafts.  You'll be prompted for the
> server to use.

Ok.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
You can't take it with you -- especially when crossing a state line.

* Re: Two more things...
       [not found] ` <6f90jlbwv1.fsf@dna.lth.se>
@ 1998-09-15 15:22   ` Alan Shutko
From: Alan Shutko @ 1998-09-15 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

K> My sentiments exactly.  Until our viewpoint prevails, you can use
K> C-u 0 C-c C-c to send your foreign drafts.  You'll be prompted for
K> the server

What about `gnus-post-method'?  It works for the agent...

Nope, doesn't work for drafts.  Argh!!!

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
WinErr: 00E Window open - Do not look inside

* two more things
@ 1999-07-05  8:17 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 1999-07-05  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

1) when i compose an 8-bit message and press C-d, and it goes to
   drafts, it is stored in mule encoding (and is not shown correctly
   unless i press C-u g). (i think it is known, but not yet solved?)

2) when i followup to some newsgroup for which i wish non-encoded
   8-bit headers (subject), all goes fine. But when i compose a new
   message for that newsgroup with 8-bit subject, the subject is put
   in encoded-word encodeing.

	Best regards, -- Vladimir.