* MIME attachments
@ 2000-01-19  5:25 linuxdevil
       [not found] ` <wtnembef43c.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: linuxdevil @ 2000-01-19  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just updated to Gnus 5.8.3 today from Pgnus, and C-c C-a is not a
recognized command anymore.  Is there something that I need to do
activate this command?  I looked on gnu.emacs.gnus, and it doesn't
seem that anyone else is having this problem.

Well, is anyone else having this problem? :)

TIA,
Aaron

* Re: MIME attachments
       [not found] ` <wtnembef43c.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 2000-01-20  1:15   ` linuxdevil
From: linuxdevil @ 2000-01-20  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> linuxdevil@fastq.com writes:
>
> > Well, is anyone else having this problem? :)
>
> Nope, not me. But your X-Mailer says "X-Mailer: Gnus v5.5/XEmacs 20.4
> - - "Emerald"", maybe that is the problem -------------^^^^? Or did you
> run 5.5 on purpose?

Um, yeah.  I meant to do that!

I never removed Gnus v5.5 from my system.  Apparently, I'm referencing
that version.

Sheepishly,
Aaron

* Re: mime attachments
@ 2000-07-06 13:54 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-07-06 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Spencer Marks <smarks@digisolutions.com> writes:

> Just wondering if there is anyway to make attatching a file easier
> than having to remember it's MIME type. I am using C-c C-a and would
> like a way to make the prompts more intuitive.

Gnus tries to intuit a good MIME type from the file extension.  Hm.
Maybe it should run the Unix `file' command to figure out the type?

But in the meantime, maybe you can get by by defining the right MIME
type for all the file extensions that you use.  It appears that you
can enter mappings from extension to MIME type in the file
~/.mime.types, like so:

content/type            ext1 ext2...

The first field in each line is the content type, application/ms-word,
say.  Then comes whitespace (maybe you must use tabs here, I'm not
sure), and then the list of file name extensions.  For example:

application/ms-word     doc

Does this help?

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.

* mime attachments
@ 2000-07-06 13:17 Spencer Marks
From: Spencer Marks @ 2000-07-06 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just wondering if there is anyway to make attatching a file easier
than having to remember it's MIME type. I am using C-c C-a and would
like a way to make the prompts more intuitive.

Thanks, Spencer