* Agent fetch : only for specific agentised group?
@ 2011-03-30 13:48 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-30 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

I can M-g on a group to only fetch headers for that group when
plugged. But how to limit the agent to only downloading articles for
that group when I do Js? As it is its going for all (agent) groups and
doesn't appear to be limited by any level prefix/config. Again,
potentially expensive when roaming. Something I am missing or misusing?

* Re: Agent fetch : only for specific agentised group?
@ 2011-03-30 14:04   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-30 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> I can M-g on a group to only fetch headers for that group when
>> plugged. But how to limit the agent to only downloading articles for
>> that group when I do Js? As it is its going for all (agent) groups and
>> doesn't appear to be limited by any level prefix/config. Again,
>> potentially expensive when roaming. Something I am missing or misusing?
>
> What's wrong with J-u (which respects the prefix mark as well, so you can
> mark groups with '#' first).?
>
> Robert

Nothing wrong with it at all. Thanks - totally missed it.  missed that
J-u in the manual and it doesnt appear in C-h m for the group buffer.

I cant explain how I didnt see it here

,----
| 6.9.3.1 Group Agent Commands
|
| `J u'
|      Fetch all eligible articles in the current group
|      (`gnus-agent-fetch-groups').
`----

great!

* Re: Agent fetch : only for specific agentised group?
@ 2011-03-30 14:17       ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-03-30 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>>> What's wrong with J-u (which respects the prefix mark as well, so you can
>>> mark groups with '#' first).?
>>>
>>> Robert
>>
>> Nothing wrong with it at all. Thanks - totally missed it.  missed that
>> J-u in the manual and it doesnt appear in C-h m for the group buffer.
>>

> I tend to use C-h b to find bindings. I think the J- bindings are not
> part of the group-mode, but of the group-agent mode, so they don't
> appear in the C-h m display.

I'll try that some more. I cant think why I didnt spot that in the
manual. I spent about 2 hours re-reading the level and group stuff last
night too. I was so wrapped up in groups/levels/subscribed/activate
levels/plugged/agent etc I probably couldnt see the wood for the trees;)

My task for after dinner tonight is to try and figure out why I am still
confused about foreign groups and servers as there seems to be a big
discrepancy between how it works and how its documented. e.g drafts
being a foreign group.

* Re: Agent fetch : only for specific agentised group?
@ 2011-03-30 14:52 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2011-03-30 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2011-03-30 15:08     ` Robert Pluim