* Wishlist: Score by date.
@ 2002-08-01  1:59 Scott A Crosby
From: Scott A Crosby @ 2002-08-01  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using gnus to read mailing lists and for email.

I'm on a couple of busy mailing lists and I read little email
there. These have a lot of traffic and I'd like old unread messages to
expire (or be scored down so that they get marked read and
total-expired)

What would be convenient if I could score things by date, not by an
absolute date (score up/down anything before/after XXX), but by
relative date.. IE, some way to score down messages that are more than
XXX days old.

Scott

* Re: Wishlist: Score by date.
@ 2002-08-01 19:33 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-08-01 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Scott A Crosby <scrosby@cs.rice.edu> writes:

> I'm on a couple of busy mailing lists and I read little email
> there. These have a lot of traffic and I'd like old unread messages to
> expire (or be scored down so that they get marked read and
> total-expired)

A feature similar to auto-expire and total-expire has been suggested
that expires even unread messages.  That might do the trick.  I
wonder if somebody wants to work on it...

Manually, you can use limiting by age (/ t I think).

kai

* Re: Wishlist: Score by date.
@ 2002-08-01 20:16   ` Scott A Crosby
From: Scott A Crosby @ 2002-08-01 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:33:21 +0200, Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Gro~johann) writes:

> Scott A Crosby <scrosby@cs.rice.edu> writes:
>
> > I'm on a couple of busy mailing lists and I read little email
> > there. These have a lot of traffic and I'd like old unread messages to
> > expire (or be scored down so that they get marked read and
> > total-expired)
>
> A feature similar to auto-expire and total-expire has been suggested
> that expires even unread messages.  That might do the trick.  I
> wonder if somebody wants to work on it...

Actually, why not do this through scoring & total expire.

IE, I can score things by age (each week old, knock off another 1000),
eventually they get low enough they're marked as read, and total
expire wipes em. Interesting articles (by scoring) would be kept
longer.

IMO, this offers more flexibility.. Just a way to score based on
relative age. I can build that feature with what I requested.

Scott