* Invitation to chat about Emacs and Gnus
@ 2003-06-12 12:02 luis fernandes
From: luis fernandes @ 2003-06-12 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is an invitation to join the Emacs and Gnus channels on IRC. I
personally hangout on #emacs. We sometimes get Gnus questions on
#emacs because #gnus is empty (#emacs is never empty) so I thought
I'd invite some more warm bodies to loiter on either (or both
channels).

The topics for discussion are generally movies (recently, the latest
Matrix), Unix, Windows (mostly complaints), LaTeX, PS2, Xbox,
girlfriends, vi, math (calculus, algebra), food, beer, lisp, perl,
python, java, and occasionally Emacs.

Your conversation may be recorded for prosterity on the Emacs wiki:

	http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EmacsChannelQuotes

I use ERC (Emacs IRC client) from http://erc.sf.net.

Add this to your .emacs (or .ercrc):

---------------
(setq erc-server "irc.freenode.net"        ; server
	  erc-port 6667                        ; port
	  erc-nick "elf"                       ; your nick
	  erc-user-full-name "luis fernandes"  ; your fullname
	  erc-prompt-for-password nil)

;; automatically join channels when we start-up
(require 'erc-autojoin) (erc-autojoin-mode 1)
(setq erc-autojoin-channels-alist
	  '(("freenode.net" "#zsh" "#emacs" "#solaris")))

Then M-x erc-select RET RET RET

To exit a single channel, you type /leave; to quit completely it's /quit.

* Re: Invitation to chat about Emacs and Gnus
@ 2003-06-12 22:55 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-06-12 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)