* Archives, nndraft, queue groups problems
@ 2004-01-09 23:28 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-01-09 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yo !

There is something broken with queued/draft/archive groups. Dunno if it
could have happened on my Gnus upgrade but since that day (and without
any change in my settings), my queue group keeps going wrong with
message numbers. It continuously said it has 6 messages but AFAICT, it
is wrong since my queue group should be empty (and it is).

The weirdness here is whenever I am trying to enter this group, it
fails arguing it is empty (no message in this group) and the content
number is updated the right way (ie 0). It also happens with the
nndraft group (empty but gnus doesn't want it).

Another possible bug is with my archive setup. Here is what I have
actually done:

,----[ C-h v gnus-message-archive-method RET ]
| gnus-message-archive-method's value is
| (nnml "archive"
|       (nnml-inhibit-expiry t)
|       (nnml-active-file
|        (concat xm-gnusdir xm-maildir "archive/active"))
|       (nnml-directory
|        (concat xm-gnusdir xm-maildir "archive/")))
|

| *Method used for archiving messages you've sent.
| This should be a mail method.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `gnus'.
`----

SO according to this, all my archived mails/news should go into the
archive directory that is ~/.gnus.d/mail/archive/. Problem there is
also a sent-mail-2004-01 directory in ~/.gnus.d/mail.

So what's wrong here ? What did I miss ? I clearly remember it worked
fine not that far ago but since year 2004, it constantly fails to react
the way it should ;)

Any idea ?

Regards,
--
Xavier Maillard

main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],(unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}