* feature request: option to be warned of article edits being discarded
@ 2002-06-10 17:26 Trey Jackson
From: Trey Jackson @ 2002-06-10 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I found myself editing a draft via the `gnus-summary-edit-article' (e)
function, as opposed to the `gnus-draft-edit-message' function (D e).
I switched back to the *Summary* buffer to refer to another article,
and my edits were lost b/c the *Article* buffer was now showing the
contents of a new message.

This happened to me twice.  And I think I've learned my lesson (only
edit drafts with `D e'), but I believe that an enhancement would help
alleviate this problem.  Emacs generally warns me anytime I'm about to
lose changes.

I'd like a warning that my edits are about to be discarded and the
option to save them.  Perhaps when editing an article the buffer name
could be changed to something different altogether (to avoid the data
loss).

TJ

--
Trey Jackson
tjackson@ichips.intel.com

"A life is not important except for the impact it has on other lives."
-- Jackie Robinson

* Re: feature request: option to be warned of article edits being discarded
@ 2002-12-30 20:42 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2002-12-30 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Trey Jackson <tjackson@ichips.intel.com> writes:

> I found myself editing a draft via the `gnus-summary-edit-article' (e)
> function, as opposed to the `gnus-draft-edit-message' function (D e).
> I switched back to the *Summary* buffer to refer to another article,
> and my edits were lost b/c the *Article* buffer was now showing the
> contents of a new message.

Yup.  Fix in Oort Gnus v0.08 (i. e., CVS).