* nnsoup
@ 1996-01-27 15:21 Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1996-01-27 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is nnsoup supposed to work ? If not, will it work in the next official
release ?

  Sam
--
"La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
                                                       Charles Baudelaire

* Re: nnsoup
@ 1996-01-27 20:33 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-27 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel Tardieu <sam@inf.enst.fr> writes:

> Is nnsoup supposed to work ? If not, will it work in the next official
> release ?

It's supposed to work now, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.  I use
it every day, so it works for me, but I'm sure there are bugs in the
"first-time-startup" code...

* Re: nnsoup
@ 1996-01-28 12:47   ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1996-01-28 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Is nnsoup supposed to work ? If not, will it work in the next
>> official release ?

Lars> It's supposed to work now, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.
Lars> I use it every day, so it works for me, but I'm sure there are
Lars> bugs in the "first-time-startup" code...

Mmm... Unfortunately, this was my question : "How do I indicate Gnus
that it should use nnsoup ?" :( It doesn't work when I try to add it
to gnus-secondary-select-methods neither when I try to browse ('B') a
foreign server nnsoup...

  Sam

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-30 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel Tardieu <sam@inf.enst.fr> writes:

> Mmm... Unfortunately, this was my question : "How do I indicate Gnus
> that it should use nnsoup ?" :( It doesn't work when I try to add it
> to gnus-secondary-select-methods neither when I try to browse ('B') a
> foreign server nnsoup...

I tried `B', and it works for me.  But then nnsoup has created its
active file already...

nnsoup reads SOUP packets called "Soupout*.tgz" and put them in a SOUP
directory.

What was it that you wanted to do?  Do you have SOUP packets that
nnsoup should read?

* Re: nnsoup
@ 1996-01-31 18:59       ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1996-01-31 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> Samuel Tardieu <sam@inf.enst.fr> writes:

>> Mmm... Unfortunately, this was my question : "How do I indicate
>> Gnus that it should use nnsoup ?" :( It doesn't work when I try to
>> add it to gnus-secondary-select-methods neither when I try to
>> browse ('B') a foreign server nnsoup...

Lars> I tried `B', and it works for me.  But then nnsoup has created
Lars> its active file already...

Lars> nnsoup reads SOUP packets called "Soupout*.tgz" and put them in
Lars> a SOUP directory.

Lars> What was it that you wanted to do?  Do you have SOUP packets
Lars> that nnsoup should read?

To make it work, I had to force Gnus to have an active nnsoup
file. I've added a group (G-m) with method nnsoup by hand, and it did
the job. After that, no problem (to read mails and news, I had
problems to post but haven't the bug reports on this site, so I cannot
send them).

  Sam