* Forwarding as mime conditionally?
@ 2000-03-10 15:11 Christoph Rohland
From: Christoph Rohland @ 2000-03-10 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Is there a possibility to forward mails sometimes as mime, sometimes
as text.

Since some very common mail clients cannot handle the mime part we
need to switch mime-enclosure off by default. But for people using
gnus it is much more convenient to receive it as mime.

So we would need the possibility to change the format on a mail by
mail basis.

Oh, BTW all against gnus 5.8.3.

Greetings
                Christoph

* Re: Forwarding as mime conditionally?
@ 2000-03-10 18:40 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-03-10 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Christoph Rohland <hans-christoph.rohland@sap.com> writes:

> Is there a possibility to forward mails sometimes as mime, sometimes
> as text.

Hm.

(defun cr-gnus-summary-mail-forward (mime)
  "Forward normally, with prefix arg, forward as MIME."
  (interactive "P")
  (let ((message-forward-as-mime mime))
    (gnus-summary-mail-forward)))

You could replace mime with (not mime) in the fourth line to reverse
the meaning of the prefix arg.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: Forwarding as mime conditionally?
@ 2000-03-13 17:24   ` Christoph Rohland
From: Christoph Rohland @ 2000-03-13 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Christoph Rohland, ding

> > Is there a possibility to forward mails sometimes as mime, sometimes
> > as text.
>
> Hm.
>
> (defun cr-gnus-summary-mail-forward (mime)
>   "Forward normally, with prefix arg, forward as MIME."
>   (interactive "P")
>   (let ((message-forward-as-mime mime))
>     (gnus-summary-mail-forward)))
>
> You could replace mime with (not mime) in the fourth line to reverse
> the meaning of the prefix arg.

I modified your code to the following:

(defadvice gnus-summary-mail-forward
  (around toggle-mime (&optional prefix post) activate)
  "Forward normally, with prefix arg, toggle message-forward-as-mime."
  (interactive "P")
  (let ((message-forward-as-mime
         (if prefix (not message-forward-as-mime) message-forward-as-mime)))
    ; while using mime do not ignore headers
    (setq current-prefix-arg message-forward-as-mime)
    ad-do-it))

Greetings
		Christoph