* pgnus MIME encoding?
@ 1998-10-08 18:17 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 1998-10-08 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry if this is RTFM.  I see that pgnus understands and decodes
MIME attachments (nicely, I might add).  I scanned through the
manual, but didn't see any commands for adding a MIME
attachement to a message.  Is this not yet implemented?

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | From the desktop, down the
http://nwalsh.com/                 | 10BASE-T, through the hub, across
                                   | the PPP connection, onto the
                                   | ethernet, through the router, down
                                   | the T1, onto the wide-area
                                   | backbone...'nothing but net'

* Re: pgnus MIME encoding?
@ 1998-10-08 19:06 ` Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1998-10-08 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> I see that pgnus understands and decodes MIME attachments (nicely, I
> might add).  I scanned through the manual, but didn't see any
> commands for adding a MIME attachement to a message.  Is this not
> yet implemented?

Correct.  Gnus does not yet have any builtin functionality for
composing anything interesting with MIME.

-Justin

* Re: pgnus MIME encoding?
@ 1998-10-09 11:45 ` Jochen_Hayek
From: Jochen_Hayek @ 1998-10-09 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

    NW> Sorry if this is RTFM.  I see that pgnus understands and decodes
    NW> MIME attachments (nicely, I might add).  I scanned through the
    NW> manual, but didn't see any commands for adding a MIME
    NW> attachement to a message.  Is this not yet implemented?

What about `gnus-uu-post-insert-binary-in-article'?

(Despite the `uu' it is also said to support base64 encoding.)

Sorry, that's a bad joke.
You can do it, if you load gnus-uu.el before,
but it won't do much ...

I assume it wasn't well maintained
(at least until recently -- but things change all the time ...),
because before *p*gnus, MIME was pretty much deprecated here.

Kind regards,

Jochen_Hayek@ACM.org
.