* nnvirtual 1.1
@ 1996-11-13  9:22 Lars Balker Rasmussen
From: Lars Balker Rasmussen @ 1996-11-13  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wow.  That was CERTAINLY an order of a magnitude faster than what I've
been used to before!

However, I don't seem to get my games.SCORE file run on
nnvirtual:pc-games, like I did with the previous versions.

It does say `Scoring...', but the article-attributes and the
highlighting is missing.  What's up with that?
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                              - Duck!
<URL:http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~gnort/>                              - Where!?!

* Re: nnvirtual 1.1
@ 1996-11-13 16:18 ` David Moore
From: David Moore @ 1996-11-13 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Balker Rasmussen <gnort@daimi.aau.dk> writes:

> However, I don't seem to get my games.SCORE file run on
> nnvirtual:pc-games, like I did with the previous versions.

	Is the score file for the virtual group itself, or one of the
component groups inside of it?

> It does say `Scoring...', but the article-attributes and the
> highlighting is missing.  What's up with that?

	Hmm, I didn't think anything changed in 1.1 would affect that.
Maybe something changed with scoring too?  No, I suppose that's not too
likely.  I guess now would be a good time to finally learn how to use
scoring. :)

--
David Moore <dmoore@ucsd.edu>       | Computer Systems Lab      __o
UCSD Dept. Computer Science - 0114  | Work: (619) 534-8604    _ \<,_

* Re: nnvirtual 1.1
@ 1996-11-13 16:43   ` Lars Balker Rasmussen
From: Lars Balker Rasmussen @ 1996-11-13 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Moore <dmoore@UCSD.EDU> writes:
> Lars Balker Rasmussen <gnort@daimi.aau.dk> writes:
> > However, I don't seem to get my games.SCORE file run on
> > nnvirtual:pc-games, like I did with the previous versions.
>
> 	Is the score file for the virtual group itself, or one of the
> component groups inside of it?

Well, I was relying on games.SCORE to fit all the component groups as
well as the virtual one via gnus-score-find-score-files-function which
is gnus-score-find-bnews (the default)

Hmmm...

Since the docs claim gnus-score-find-bnews doesn't work like I've been
using it, and renaming games.SCORE to all.games.SCORE makes it work, I
can only assume that a bug in score-file handling has been fixed since
red 0.54?

Sorry for crying wolf...

> 	Hmm, I didn't think anything changed in 1.1 would affect that.
> Maybe something changed with scoring too?  No, I suppose that's not too
> likely.  I guess now would be a good time to finally learn how to use
> scoring. :)

It's certainly made reading those groups easier for me!  (Read the
scored articles, skim headers of rest, press c; instead of painstakingly
checking all the subjects for the single nugget.)

Anyway, *THANK YOU* for fixing[1] nnvirtual, David!  I was getting
desperate enough that I almost undertook it myself, and I'm not even a
lisp programmer :)

[1] Optimizations of this magnitude counts as bug-fixes in my book!

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-11-13 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Balker Rasmussen <gnort@daimi.aau.dk> writes:

> Since the docs claim gnus-score-find-bnews doesn't work like I've been
> using it, and renaming games.SCORE to all.games.SCORE makes it work, I
> can only assume that a bug in score-file handling has been fixed since
> red 0.54?

Yup.  The matches weren't properly anchored before.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: nnvirtual 1.1
@ 1996-11-13 17:16     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-11-13 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Balker Rasmussen <gnort@daimi.aau.dk> writes:

> Anyway, *THANK YOU* for fixing[1] nnvirtual, David!

I agree, nnvirtual has gone from being a nice concept, to something
that is actually useful.